Official 2008-2009 College Basketball Thread

Brian

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 05:55 PM)
I'm on the record in saying Kevin Dillard will be the best player in SIU's history.

Should Walt Frazier be worried?

I don't know what to expect from this years team. Lots of growing pains but the freshmen looked good in Canada. Ryan Hare will surprise a lot of people. The kid is energy, buzzer to buzzer, and does everything.

Our depth and bench could be as good as it has ever been.

Brian who are those bums in your sig? why did you start this thread? now i want Redbird bball to start. oh and the redbirds could quite possibly have the worst non conference schedule of all time. If they are not undefeated going into conference, I will be real upset.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 06:04 PM)
Brian who are those bums in your sig? why did you start this thread? now i want Redbird bball to start. oh and the redbirds could quite possibly have the worst non conference schedule of all time. If they are not undefeated going into conference, I will be real upset.

Those "bums" are gonna knock the O-Hawk of Osirisus head. Dillard and Mullins will be the toughest guard combo Eldridge and crew face in conference. Even Drake.

I know IL State is the favorite, but even if SIU loses, it should be fun watching these guys play.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 06:10 PM)
Those "bums" are gonna knock the O-Hawk of Osirisus head. Dillard and Mullins will be the toughest guard combo Eldridge and crew face in conference. Even Drake.

I know IL State is the favorite, but even if SIU loses, it should be fun watching these guys play.

Agreed, I'm just glad my guys have made this a rivalry again. The two games last year were a lot of fun and I expect nothing to change. I always like our chances with Eldridge. He can go off for 40 at any time. Adding Chamberlain Oguchi from Oregon to the mix should be fun too. Those two are going to put up alot of points.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 07:58 PM)
This is going to be an...interesting year for IU basketball. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Crean and his ragtag bunch can pull off.

I question some of the Indiana recruits (Roth), but if I were an Indiana fan, I'd be kind of excited about it this year. New vibe.

What's with the Digger Phelps reference edited in the title? Booooo.

Edited by Brian