Official 2008-2009 College Basketball Thread

Brian

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 02:38 PM)
I think that is just called home court advantage. :)

There was some study somewhere that showed that it provided the biggest home court advantage in the nation when you compare road with home performance.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 03:03 PM)
There was some study somewhere that showed that it provided the biggest home court advantage in the nation when you compare road with home performance.

So they won a game at home?

That's great, but it requires you to blow dick on the road, or you aren't really in contention for that.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 10:47 PM)
So they won a game at home?

That's great, but it requires you to blow dick on the road, or you aren't really in contention for that.

They typically do blow dick on the road.

There's a reason it's always among the top home courts in America.

QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 03:30 PM)
I'm excited to see how well Harangody, Hillesland, McAlarney and Jackson will do with the Irish this year. :D

The best part?

Jackson and Harangody will return in 2009-10 with more quality freshmen recruits and Ben Hansbrough.

They'll win a ton of games (even in the mighty Big East) due to the offensive firepower, but unless their defense made some drastic improvements, I can't see them going too far in March. They are like the Phoenix Suns circa 2006 of the NCAA right now.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 9, 2008 -> 06:14 PM)
Will we really see lower scores because of the deeper 3 point line? I don't think so.

Earlier in the season I think you will just because people are so used to the old line and won't think to be the extra 9 inches or so back. I was at the NIU exhibition game yesterday and I can think of 3 or 4 two pointers that were three's last year. As the season goes on though, and once you get into league play, I doubt it makes a big difference.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 11, 2008 -> 09:15 PM)
I figured it was inevitable but SIU is struggling mightily right now.

The first 10 minutes they seemed shaken before settling down. Hopefully we blow em out in the 2nd half.

Definitely not encouraging.