Obama vs. McCain Debate III

Brian

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 03:40 PM)
How the hell do you accidentally send out talking points? The only way you can do that is if you want to do it.

No kidding. For a campaign that is described as a well-oiled machine I find it hard to believe that this was accidentally leaked.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 04:45 PM)
No kidding. For a campaign that is described as a well-oiled machine I find it hard to believe that this was accidentally leaked.

oh f*** I just composed an e-mail and put the night's talking points in it for s***s and giggles but then I addressed it to some media people and accidentally hit send, omg omg omg

McCain seems to be reaching and forgetting what his partner has been saying at rallies.

Is it accurate that McCain started with the smear campaigns and promos? That is how it seems to me but I maybe wrong.

McCain trying to get sympathy. Rips people at Obama rallies, forgetting the harsh things that are said at his own. Blinders.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 08:03 PM)
Anyone who thinks Obama has won this is out of their minds. McCain was desperate going in, and landed a haymaker.

I can't tell either way. No clue what to look for.

Has definitely been entertaining either way.

Really?

I thought McCain came off as bitter and angry, and feel that most people are going to feel more connected with Obama.

/shrugs

I really doubt that this debate changes anyones mind, but once again my opinion.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 09:10 PM)
Really?

I thought McCain came off as bitter and angry, and feel that most people are going to feel more connected with Obama.

/shrugs

I really doubt that this debate changes anyones mind, but once again my opinion.

McCain called Obama out on a lot of bs, which needed to be done. IE, lowering taxes on 95% and increase spending by 1 trillion

See thats where I disagree, I felt McCain sounded like a broken record and doesnt understand Obama's plan thus making him look just angry.

The idea that the United States is some how going to cut spending or stop spending is one that never happens. Almost every President has consistently increased spending.

I dont believe that McCain will really cut spending, I just believe that he will create more deficit spending.

Obama is just telling it like it is, if you want to spend more money, you need to make more money. The United States makes its money off income tax, so if we want the society we have grown accustomed to some one is going to have to pay for it.

Obama's plan takes advantage of the fact that the govt makes a disproportionate amount of its money off the highest tax payers, and therefore understands marginal tax increases on the richest result in massive tax cuts for the poorest.

McCain imo is still in fantasy land where he can fix Social Security by sitting down at the table and getting it done or fix medicaid by asking the smartest people in the United States to give their opinions.

Just like Obama, Id like to pay 0% taxes, but at the end of the day I understand that in order to spend money you have to make money.

CNN making a lot about the reaction shots. I guess other networks weren't using the side by side shots. Said McCain looked angry and flustered at times with the way he was looking around during Obama's answers and replies.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 09:42 PM)
CNN making a lot about the reaction shots. I guess other networks weren't using the side by side shots. Said McCain looked angry and flustered at times with the way he was looking around during Obama's answers and replies.

Who was McCain looking at out in the crowd? He was looking off into the distance.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 08:44 PM)
Who was McCain looking at out in the crowd? He was looking off into the distance.

I think it was the audience in general and towards the moderator. Looked uncomfortable at times.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 07:42 PM)

I'm so glad I didn't watch these things, when things like that have even the slightest impact on who the next POTUS is.

Yeah the network I was watching was showing side by side shots and it was pretty bad. Thats why I really cant see McCain winning this debate because his body language was just so bad.

I'm so glad I didn't watch these things, when things like that have even the slightest impact on who the next POTUS is.

Well I think one of the biggest requirements of a US President is that they are able to stay cool under pressure and that when they are in negotiations that they arent unable to keep cool calm and collected.

Body language tells whether or not some one is lying, whether they believe in what they say, whether they have conviction. When I see McCain's body language I see some one who does not have the presence required to be the leader of the United States. When you watch McCain he just gives away everything.

A snippet from Andrew Sullivan's live blogging of the debate...that I completely agree with:

10.18 pm. At no point have we seen a grace note from McCain. When dealing with the negativism of the campaign, it would not have killed him to seem genuinely horrified at calls for violence rather than offended that anyone dare criticize him or some of his supporters. Or to wish Obama well. It's this lack of generosity of spirit that he lacks and that people want in a president. Obama still manages to say when he agrees with or admires McCain. In this whole dynamic, Obama seems more secure, more self-controlled, more mature. He is the Alpha Male on this stage, and McCain the bristling teen - aged 72. No wonder women seem to be so disproportionately pro-Obama.