What do these stats tell you

jasonxctf

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 03:57 PM)
I don't remember where it was posted, but it seems to be me like the areas that had the biggest moves towards Obama were in the North and is more minority populated areas.

The whole map moved towards Obama (which doesn't necessarily mean they voted McCain, but statistically, more voted Democrat than in '04). The shifts were biggest in all populated areas but that's where the Democratic base of support is, and blacks weren't the only minority that did it, they all did.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (YASNY @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 02:57 PM)
I know what I have experienced in my life. Racism is just as prevelent from the blacks as it is from the whites. You can use all the stats you want to you, but I've been around for a while and I've seen it and lived it. On that note, I'm out of here.

At this point in history... I agree.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 03:43 PM)
New York is the only other place that rivals Chicago for civic pride, and to a lesser extent, Atlanta is like that too, maybe Southern Californians. You won't hear someone from Cleveland, Philly, Boston etc. sounding like that.

New York > all

:P

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 02:10 PM)
This is getting off topic (to an issue of relevance even), but how could anybody vote for Kerry in 2004 due to disguist with Bush, then vote for McCain in 2008? I know he isn't the same guy as Bush, but that logic doesn't really compute with me.

They believe our problems in Iraq are because we didn't have a military man in the White House. Kerry's military career was greater than Bush's and McCain's is better than Obama's.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 03:04 PM)
Also, I feel like I'm on a f***in merry-go-round.

You are and as soon as Yas jumps off, I'll be driving us around another lap, keep your heads and arms inside the ride at all times. Do not get off the ride until we come to a full and complete stop. Thank you for posting at Soxtalk and please have a nice day and evening! :lol:

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 01:01 AM)
If someone from STL tried that I'd just laugh. wtf does STL have?

they don't leave, so they don't know that their terrible city isn't great. downtown st. louis is a ghost town, nobody lives there they all commute, and yet their public transit sucks.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 06:18 PM)
You are and as soon as Yas jumps off, I'll be driving us around another lap, keep your heads and arms inside the ride at all times. Do not get off the ride until we come to a full and complete stop. Thank you for posting at Soxtalk and please have a nice day and evening! :lol:

:lolhitting

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 02:57 PM)
I don't remember where it was posted, but it seems to be me like the areas that had the biggest moves towards Obama were in the North and is more minority populated areas.

Not here.