MLB Network

easyw

QUOTE (jenks45monster @ Jan 1, 2009 -> 09:40 PM)
Agreed. When I woke up this morning and remembered that the MLB Network launches today, I nearly cried.

When we got DISH Network, with AT&T since U-verse wasn't in our neighborhood yet, they said they don't have the MLB Package but I could watch games with mlb.tv because you can get the internet on your TV. Well, turns out you can't. So the guy either lied or mixed his words to confuse me, which isn't hard to do.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Dec 27, 2008 -> 03:35 AM)
It's Ch.516 down here in the Peoria area, but it says not authorized for me, guess I'll have to update my plan

Check it again. Until January 1st, it was only on in limited areas. The full rollout was yesterday.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 2, 2009 -> 03:08 PM)
So far, they repeat the same damn shows over and over.

Not impressed.

Pretty much. I hope it doesn't turn out like NBATV. I knew it would take a bit to get off the ground, but in reality, it's not that great of a channel at all. There's no exclusive shows or anything that's worth watching over again. I even think NFLTV is pretty boring when there is not a live game on.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jan 2, 2009 -> 06:21 PM)
I don't get the extra innings package, so if I get a few more games out of it I'll be fine

We're getting Bobby Thomson, Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, Joe Carter, Kirk Gibson and Bill Mazeroski-ed to death.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jan 2, 2009 -> 08:00 PM)
It's the slowest time for baseball right now, and it network is 2 days old.

Relax.

Hey. I can critique their mediocrity if I want.

If you're starting a network with 50 million subscribers, put your best foot forward.

Don't be replaying the same 2 shows for 24 hours straight.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 2, 2009 -> 07:14 PM)
Hey. I can critique their mediocrity if I want.

If you're starting a network with 50 million subscribers, put your best foot forward.

Don't be replaying the same 2 shows for 24 hours straight.

Agreed... I watched the countdown to the network and at 5 before their first show (Hot Stove), Selig was on and he mentioned they have over 150,000 hours of coverage in their archives. You'd think they'd want to show more then the same 2 things for their first 24 hours.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 3, 2009 -> 05:41 PM)
You watch.

By April, they'll make it part of the sports package and charge extra for it.

I wish that they would make it part of the sports package. I have Comcast in Nashville and I do not have the MLB network.

I have the Sports Package and I get the NFL, NBA, NHL networks about 3 Fox Sports Network, Big 10 network, and probably 5-7 other sports stations covering Outdoors, Tennis, Soccer, Racing, and yet, no MLB network.

QUOTE (JoeBatterz @ Jan 4, 2009 -> 05:52 AM)
I wish that they would make it part of the sports package. I have Comcast in Nashville and I do not have the MLB network.

I have the Sports Package and I get the NFL, NBA, NHL networks about 3 Fox Sports Network, Big 10 network, and probably 5-7 other sports stations covering Outdoors, Tennis, Soccer, Racing, and yet, no MLB network.

Hm.

I have Comcast as well.

What's on your channel 410?

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 4, 2009 -> 11:17 AM)
Hm.

I have Comcast as well.

What's on your channel 410?

My channel 410 is the Metal Music Channel.

MLB is 279 on my box. When I go to it, it is a blank screen with a pop-up screen that says unauthorized.

Keep in mind that I am in Nashville though and the channels are listed differently than in Chicago.

I emailed Comcast, but I am not holding my breath.

If we have any more Sox fans in Middle Tennessee who can weigh in on this, I would appreciate it.

Finally got around to checking my guide and its there which is cool. Drays Phillies world series game is on right now. I'm assuming Cox will pick up the HD feed around the start of baseball season since there probably isn't going to be a ton of programming till spring training. I'm guessing it'll start with the network televising a ton of World Baseball Classic Games.

QUOTE (JoeBatterz @ Jan 4, 2009 -> 11:34 AM)
My channel 410 is the Metal Music Channel.

MLB is 279 on my box. When I go to it, it is a blank screen with a pop-up screen that says unauthorized.

Keep in mind that I am in Nashville though and the channels are listed differently than in Chicago.

I emailed Comcast, but I am not holding my breath.

If we have any more Sox fans in Middle Tennessee who can weigh in on this, I would appreciate it.

What cable package to you have? I was told by Comcast that it's only offered to people who have the digital classic package.

I did more research on the MLB network in Nashville on Comcast.

In order to receive it, you have to upgrade your package to the Digital Preferred Package.

I have the Digital Starter Package and the Sports Tier Package which actually includes 15 sports stations including NFL, NBA and NHL, but no MLB.

They want more money from me before I can get the MLB Network. This is not what had been reported in the papers and I am a bit bummed, but not enough to pay more.

How did they start with more subscribers than the NFL network currently has?

Do others who have this network have to pay more too?

What tier and package do you have?

i do not think that contractually, comcast can move it to the sports tier, that's one of the reasons they have a minority stake in the network.

i thought it was indeed neat to watch larsen's perfect game from the 56 series. was also neat to see the interview snippets with larsen and yogi. have missed the 2005 world series movie so far... hope it comes up again soon.

QUOTE (toasty @ Jan 4, 2009 -> 10:35 PM)
i do not think that contractually, comcast can move it to the sports tier, that's one of the reasons they have a minority stake in the network.

I did not realize that.

Oh well, looks like I will stick with Baseball Tonight on ESPN again this upcoming season.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 5, 2009 -> 03:02 PM)
Why the heck do they even make SD channels anymore?

I have no idea. Once you start watching sports and movies in HD, you just don't want to go back. Although only 40% of my stations provide a HD channel ,there are only rare occasions where I watch something at home on SD.