20th anniversary of the NES

GASHWOUND

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the Nintendo website, it says that NES was released in August of 1985.  That's not 20 years. :huh:

Maybe it's the 20 year anniversary of its release in Japan?

That's when it was released here..didn't you read the orginal link? It was released in japan first

http://www.gamespy.com/articles/july03/fam...com/index.shtml

On the Nintendo website, it says that NES was released in August of 1985.  That's not 20 years. :huh:

That's when it was released here..didn't you read the orginal link? It was released in japan first

LOL, I didn't even bother reading the original post I don't think. And if I did, it was so long ago that I've already forgotten. :bang :bang :bang

On the Nintendo website, it says that NES was released in August of 1985.  That's not 20 years.   :huh:

LOL, I didn't even bother reading the original post I don't think. And if I did, it was so long ago that I've already forgotten. :bang :bang :bang

:lol:

That's the link that started this massive thread :D

All hale Nintendo :headbang

I have one in my closet, but like Spiff said..its freezes up and you know how much you had to blow into the system and blow in the game to get it to f***in work that you'd be out of breathe and frustrated as hell when it finally did work??? Well, last time I did attempt to play SMB 3(about 7 months ago), it took me about 45 minutes(maybe more) to actually get it to work..

and the picture was all blockey..and I was about to take off with Mario and his raccoon tail when the s*** just froze..so I just dumped the s*** back in my closet.. :angry:

That thing needs a serious cleaning :rolleyes:

lol yeh you get wicked dizzy blowing on the games, into the system etc. then it locks up anyway and starts blinking and s***, not worth the hassle. it was fun while it lasted though.

I was just thinking if the NES is f***in up you and I just have to replace the 72 pin connector??

I found this site that sells them for 10 bucks...you could by a new one for $50, but I don't think you have to do that.

http://www.playerschoicegames.com/nes.htm

Here's another site...

http://www.dankeller.org/nintendo/nes.html

There's probably a whole bunch like these, but found these real quick.. :huh:

Guest hotsoxchick1
damn gash,

never heard of intellivision. it was pretty cool. had a bizarre controller. kind of a disc you rotated to move around. also had kind of a calculator pad on it.

it was a little more sophisticated than the atari. pre-dated nintendo 5-7 years.

anyway, thanks for making me feel old. i guess i will start posting at wsi with the other geriatrics :P

i remember intellevision...you had to change the little paper thingy that slipped into the key pad when you played a different game..... that came out after pong.......football rocked on that system........i think i still have that system in the attic..lol.......now i feel old........ :o

I think I'm gonna have to dig out the NES here before you know it and buy some more games, as well as playing some of the lik 20 I have now.

The NES is the greatest system ever. I think I will take 2 video game systems to college, my XBox, and my NES.

Emulators are very good, but there is an authentic feel to the actual NES. However, playing on the emulator is better because it doesn't crash as often and stuff.

But Punch Out, Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros., RBI Baseball, Blades of Steel...oh man, NES kicked major league ass.

And viva Intellivision.

screen014.gif

Blades of Steel

Does anybody remember Fester's Quest or Friday the 13th or Metal Gear?

hells yeah, I played Friday the 13th all the time. I always enjoyed it until you killed Jason the 1st time, then he came back stronger and more powerful....he smacked me around then!!

About the "top loader" NES....

I'm thinking about buying one, and the people selling it claim that it works MUCH better than the original NES (the ones you load in the front) and fires up perfect each and every time. I don't recall ever playing a top loading NES, so I have no clue -- anyone here know if these guys are legit?

Double Dribble

World Cup Soccer

Motor City patrol

Rad Racer

The original mario brothers (way to easy after jumping on the turtles head 100 times)

Silent Service

LifeForce

RC Pro Am

Paperboy

A beach volleyball game i forgot the name of

POW

among the others listed already

Man i miss NES

Double Dribble

World Cup Soccer

Motor City patrol

Rad Racer

The original mario brothers (way to easy after jumping on the turtles head 100 times)

Silent Service

LifeForce

RC Pro Am

Paperboy

POW

among the others listed already

Man i miss NES

Paperboy was one of the arcade games I wasted the most money in... I used to love that game.

super spike volleyball!

that game owned; you could play indoors or out, and the gameplay was tight.

also did anyone else play super dodge ball, that was another one of my favorites. the game where you had teams from all different countries, and you could run up and smash the ball in the other guy's face, and when they were out of health they floated up to the sky.

Wasn't there some crazy cool soccer game, too? You could play on like ice, grass, dirt, etc. and whenever you did a bicycle kick the ball went nuts...

Man, I should just buy a whole lot of NES games on eBay... I have a working Nintendo except I'm missing the power adapter. f***.