Superbowl Food

daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 08:42 PM)
im gonna do some homemade wings...got the recipe and process from alton browns "good eats"...i trust him with basically anything, but i just did a test run and damn they are good....you don't have to fry em, they are baked, so much healthier (though not completely healthy), yet still really crisp and tasty...

Alton is great, I love the food geek thing. I never knew how much effort went into perfect wings until I saw that episode.

QUOTE (Queen Prawn @ Feb 1, 2009 -> 01:14 PM)
Dinner: London Broil w/ mashed potatoes (the London Broil recipe is from my lastest Food Network Magazine).

Snacks: nothing special (cheese sticks, maybe some pizza rolls, sliced veggies, and the baked popcorn puff things).

Hey QP!! Where you been hiding? :headbang

Ended up going low-impact for food today. Big lotsa layers nacho plate, chips and dips, and 50 takeout wings from Beef O'Bradys. I asked ti get half of them as hot as they make them, and while the habernero hot wings they made leave a nice tingle dancing on the lips, they are certainly not the hurt you hot I was looking for.

What are the guesses on how many wings get consumed nationwide on Superbowl Sunday?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 27, 2009 -> 08:42 PM)
I'm going to make a Buffalo Chicken Dip. First, boil chicken breasts (season if you want to with salt and pepper though it doesn't pick up much flavor in the water). While that's boiling, combine 1 part chunky bleu cheese dressing, 1 part cream cheese, and 1 part heavy whipping cream in a sautee pan and mix them together...that should take about 3 minutes. The chicken should be about done by that time...drain it, and from there, shred the chicken and mix in a sizeable amount of Frank's Red Hot (or whatever other buffalo or hot sauce you want to use). Portion that into a porcelain dish of whatever type, and cover all the chicken with the bleu cheese mix. Bake in a 350 degree oven until the bleu cheese spread on top browns, and then cover with shredded cheddar jack cheese. Let that melt and bring out of the oven to cool for like a second. Eat it with chips - I like Doritos but just regular tortilla chips works too.

It's so f***ing badassedly good. And if you have fears about the bleu cheese, you can't even taste it, it's just so delicious.

Thanks for this wite. I'm right now eating a variation I made. Instant classic

Listened to the game on a clock radio at work. Had...Pizza Hut... Lucky for me I got to watch the last (remarkable) 3 minutes at a TGI Fridays on the way home, and had some scrumptrilescent Giordano's for dinner today. Stay away from Pizza Hut pizza. When you're hungry it might taste good, but in the long run you're better off collecting pine cones and grass to make a salad. Reading the posts in this thread makes me hate each and every one of you.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 05:55 PM)
All-grain mash - full boil

Extract brewing is for cubs fans...hahaha j/k

I'd actually be impressed if a Cubs fan had the god taste to even do extract brews. :lolhitting

But I am quite impressed you're doing the mash - and a nice variety as well. Did you have any problems with a stuck mash with all the glutens in the unmalted wheat with the witbier? My first full-mash wit, the grain bed set up like concrete and it took hours to sparge — had to remove most of the grain and batch sparge it a bit at a time. Beer came out nice though.

Job, kids, and life in general has shelved my brewing for now. When I had the time, I was doing usually one double batch a month in a parti-gyle sawed-off sanke keg system that I could do a single large mash in, then batch sparge into two separate kettles. I'd either split the first and second runnings for two different gravity brews, or I'd collect identical runnings in both kettles and then add different hop bills and specialty grains during the boil to get two different beer styles. If I was feeling very ambitious, I'd do a second mini-mash in an Igloo cooler setup and then add that to one of the kettles to achieve specialty styles. Brew day was definitely a full day. Dang I miss it.

Keep On Brewing! :headbang :cheers

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 05:43 PM)
I'd actually be impressed if a Cubs fan had the god taste to even do extract brews. :lolhitting

But I am quite impressed you're doing the mash - and a nice variety as well. Did you have any problems with a stuck mash with all the glutens in the unmalted wheat with the witbier? My first full-mash wit, the grain bed set up like concrete and it took hours to sparge — had to remove most of the gran and batch sparge it a t at a time. Beer came out nice though.

Job, kids, and life in general has shelved my brewing for now. When I had the time, I was doing usually one double batch a month in a parti-gyle sawed-off sanke keg system that I could do a single large mash in, then batch sparge into two separate kettles. I'd either split the first and second runnings for two different gravity brews, or I'd collect identical runnings in both kettles and then add different hop bills and specialty grains during the boil to get two different beer styles. If I was feeling very ambitious, I'd do a second mini-mash in an Igloo cooler setup and then add that to one of the kettles to achieve specialty styles. Brew day was definitely a full day. Dang I miss it.

Keep On Brewing! :headbang :cheers

:huh