2009 Cubs thread

daa84

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 06:45 PM)
How Randy Wells performs so well is beyond me.

He's got a good change-up and a decent enough fastball to live.

He will get hit a lot harder once the league gets to know him a little better.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 01:22 PM)
Soto suffered an oblique strain during BP and is at a hospital getting an MRI, no timetable yet.

this is what happens when you report to camp out of shape. The munchies got him

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 03:10 PM)
I normally am not a big Cubs basher, but has anyone seen this?

Seriously, Soriano's prima donna act is hilarious. He's sucked all year, and apparently still requires 24 hour notice if he's not playing, because he can then come to the game NOT ready to play. LOL

and they still have a LONG time and a lot of money on that contract

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 01:22 PM)
I love how Rich Harden sucks. I have no idea what happened to him, he was dominate last year and all the years before. He just was injured. Now, he just plain sucks.

I have him on 2 of my 3 Fantasy teams. I've been afraid to start him his last two starts. I don't know why I just don't drop him. He's really only been good for the K's and that's it.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 03:53 PM)
ROLF Soriano. Enjoy $18 million per year for five more years Cubs fans. That man is untradeable.

i see he made an error but didnt see it...what happened?

i did see the Lee HR and for the life in me i can't imagine why teams continue to go away, away away to the guy when its obvious he dives across the plate and tries to drive the ball to right center.....for christ sakes bust the guy inside...oh well looks like they are gonna lose anyways

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 03:22 PM)
I love how Rich Harden sucks. I have no idea what happened to him, he was dominate last year and all the years before. He just was injured. Now, he just plain sucks.

Kasper said there's no difference between the speed on his change-ups and FBs, meaning if in a game his change-up is 83, it's 83 95% of the time, if his FB is 96, it's 96 most of the time

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 03:59 PM)
i see he made an error but didnt see it...what happened?

Routine fly out to SS / SHORT LEFT FIELD, Theriot was coming on but was called off by Soriano who dropped the ball. Bases were loaded, 1 run scored, they got the force out at 2b.

boy oh boy jim hendry has really been a terrible GM....

The Soriano contract is a joke, Bradley, Heilman, and Miles have all been disasters. They have drafted terribly. His best moves in the last couple years were signing Lilly and DeRosa, which admittedly, I thought both were horrible at the time. Even the Z and Dempster deals will come back to haunt him in the long run i think.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 04:06 PM)

The Soriano contract is a joke, Bradley, Heilman, and Miles have all been disasters. They have drafted terribly. His best moves in the last couple years were signing Lilly and DeRosa, which admittedly, I thought both were horrible at the time. Even the Z and Dempster deals will come back to haunt him in the long run i think.

And yet Bruce Levine has nothing but praise for the great Jim Hendry.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 04:06 PM)

And just think about all the crap this board gives KW. In just two short years we went from a team that had zero young/impact talent at both the major and minor league levels to CQ, Ramirez, Danks, Floyd, Beckham, Poreda, Danks2, Flowers, Viciedo, ect. Best FA signing in team history (Dye)? That's KW. How about turning the bust that was Joe Borchard into arguably the most dominant LH RP in baseball? That's KW. Jose Contreras for Estaban Loaiza? That's KW. One of the best and most consistent pitchers of this era (Buehrle), who's never sniffed the DL and shown no signs of slowing down, locked up for the next two years after this one at a more than reasonable rate? That's KW (and a little bit of Rick Hahn).

I know KW isn't perfect. He's made a few moves I wish he hadn't. But the hits more than compensate for the misses. I'm glad Mr. Kenny Williams is our GM.