ST: 3/9 vs. Indians 3:05, Webcast/WSCR

flavum

QUOTE (scenario @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 02:55 PM)
A few interesting notes from the mlb.com press-pass notes today...

Jose Contreras left the team after his session this morning to go to Florida and be sworn in as a US citizen on Wednesday. He'll be back with the team on Thursday.

Thank you USA for allowing us to come and stay because our home land is hell now.

Edited by Cubano

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 03:46 PM)
9-12 since 2002. That's not a bad record against another team's ace.

We didn't beat him head-to-head more than once or twice though, like Johan Santana.

Their bullpen has just been that bad the last 2-3 years, with the exception of 2007.

At least Konerko tried to go the opposite way instead of the pull-hook with the head down in exasperation look.

I think everyone will have a new feeling about the Sox when we finally break up Dye/Thome/Konerko and replace them. Not that I won't miss them. But tired of watching them.

Nice story Melton, great insight!!! Gee, Marte and Josh Barfield have been disappointing. There's some news.

Melton forgets ROSS GLOAD. who he already used as a comparison earlier.

Jesus Flowers, catch the damn ball. Geez.

Kroeger is a valuable "TOOL"??? What? Is he a John Deere farm implement?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 03:12 PM)
How did Australia beat Mexico by 10 runs? That's a big surprise...not quite like the Netherlands over DR, but close.

The world is catching up.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 03:29 PM)
at this rate betemit will have his career high in errors by the end of ST

Oh, like some in here wrote. This is just ST and he is a veteran player. Give him a free pass.

Melton explaining how the Tribe traded Casey Blake because of Andy Marte... unreal.

I can feel my IQ dropping just listening to him.

He would have made a good character in the movie "Idiocracy".

QUOTE (Cubano @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 04:57 PM)
Oh, like some in here wrote. This is just ST and he is a veteran player. Give him a free pass.

5 years of regular season ball in which he played steady defense or a few bad spring training game? Yeah, I'm going with the 2 game sample size.

If Anderson dropped a few balls in CF on Wednesday would we have to question his defense? How about John Danks? A few errant throws to first get you worried?

QUOTE (daa84 @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 05:00 PM)
?? elaborate please

Melton was trying to compare Josh Kroeger to a 1B/OF on the Royals and for like 5 minutes and hemmed and hawed trying to come up with the name. He couldn't remember Ross f***ing Gload.

Oh, he finally got it. Good for you Bill, here's a star.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 03:49 PM)
Who is this ViciADO they speak of?

Not good. Why they just don't go to the player and ask him how do you pronounce your full name? It is so simple. Do not be scare to approach the guy or ask Ozzie or Contreras o Betemit.

By the way, did Viciedo single off Carmona?

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 05:02 PM)
LOL ross gload would have been the best hitter on the team if he'd played every day, huh? i guess that makes ozzie guillen the worst manager in history

For avg he might have been, unfortunately he played a position where he needed to have at least a little power, which he doesnt.

Bob Grim, Director of Broadcasting and Ranger Rongey's supervisor.

Melton is truly about as bad as Bill Walton or Magic Johnson. It's hard not to listen...it's like The Love Guru, only the baseball version.

ViceeADO or EYDO? Get it straight.

Thank god he's not paired with Santo.

Viciedo chased that one of the zone. That's the ball all righthanders think they can get to. The first strikeout, perfect pitch location for Reyes. This one by Chulk was just impatience on the part of Dayan.

Edited by caulfield12