Sox @ Royals, 3/12/09

Balta1701

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Mar 12, 2009 -> 02:46 PM)
If those are your five best, why not? No point in just sticking a lefty in there for the sake of having a lefty.

Yeah I guess, anyone know what their pen looks like? It will suck when they have a series against righty killers.

Jacobs lines a single over Beckham to lead off.

Gordon lines a single to RF. 2 on, 1 out.

Buck walks, bases loaded for Gload.

Gload hits the ball off of Richard's leg, 2 runs score. Richard coming out after taking that shot.

Wasserman in, still 2 runners on, 1 out.

Wasserman breaks Pena's bat, he lines it to Wasserman, Wasserman throws to third, 1-5 double play, inning over on 1 pitch by Ehren.

Big out for Wasserman, but I still think he's targeted for Charlotte. Hope Clayton's doing well. His alma mater destroyed my Hawkeyes in the B10 tourney, ugly game for Iowa.

Wonder when they confirm if Barack Obama will be there at USCF on April 6th for Opening Day to throw out the first pitch? You know he won't go to a Nationals game instead.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 12, 2009 -> 02:10 PM)
Wonder when they confirm if Barack Obama will be there at USCF on April 6th for Opening Day to throw out the first pitch? You know he won't go to a Nationals game instead.

Probably at the earliest a couple days beforehand, first and foremost for security reasons, second and fairly far behind because you don't want to have to cancel in the event of a national emergency if you can avoid it.

Beckham walks

Wise with a perfect bunt hugging the 3rd base line on the first pitch. 2 on, 0 out, Wise's 2nd hit today.

AJ with a successful sacrifice bunt on his 2nd attempt. 2nd and 3rd, 1 out.

Q Sac fly, Becks scores, Wise to 3rd. 2 RBI today for Q. 3-2 Sox.

This is the big reason why Richard might be best served as a reliever/spot starter: teams seem to get to him the second time around. Obviously, small sample size, but that's what happened in the majors last year and today.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 12, 2009 -> 03:12 PM)
Beckham walks

Wise with a perfect bunt hugging the 3rd base line on the first pitch. 2 on, 0 out, Wise's 2nd hit today.

I sure hope Wise doesn't suck as our starting CF.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Mar 12, 2009 -> 04:12 PM)
This is the big reason why Richard might be best served as a reliever/spot starter: teams seem to get to him the second time around. Obviously, small sample size, but that's what happened in the majors this year and today.

Its true. He commands his fastball well at several different speeds and has deceptive sink and a good motion. He is a classic pen guy IMO. He will make his money in that spot.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 12, 2009 -> 03:22 PM)
Get use to that. I'm a big Fields fan. I'm telling you, he's going to surprise ALOT of people.

I think he will have a huge year as well. His swing looks alot better than previously. His hitch is smaller and he seems to have flattened the plane out a bit.

QUOTE (Cowch @ Mar 12, 2009 -> 02:12 PM)
I sure hope Wise doesn't suck as our starting CF.

If Anderson is on the bench so that we can use him as a platoon player, and he's at the end of the order (AKA not leading off), I might be willing to go with him there as a tryout.

German comes in.

Crisp with another walk, he's pinch-run for.

Teahen homers to RF. 4-3 Royals.

DeJesus singles up the middle. Pinch-run for by Costa. German getting bombed pretty hard by the RAF (Royals Air Force).

Costa steals 2b, bad throw by AJ, Beckham saves it from CF on the leap.

Jacobs doubles down the 1b line past Kroeger, run scores, 5-3 Royals.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 12, 2009 -> 04:20 PM)
If Anderson is on the bench so that we can use him as a platoon player, and he's at the end of the order (AKA not leading off), I might be willing to go with him there as a tryout.

I don't see any way Wise doesn't leadoff and get 75%+ of the PA in CF. He's fast and bunty that just screams top of lineup hitter, never mind the fact that he's bad.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 12, 2009 -> 03:57 PM)
Wasserman breaks Pena's bat, he lines it to Wasserman, Wasserman throws to third, 1-5 double play, inning over on 1 pitch by Ehren.

This, by the way, is one of the two things that Wassermann needs to do to be successful - get in on people's hands. When he is doing that, and only using the outer half with the occasional out-of-the-zone breaker, he breaks a ton of bats and is very effective. When he loses his courage and goes away from the hitters, he's awful.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 12, 2009 -> 04:21 PM)
German comes in.

Crisp with another walk, he's pinch-run for.

Teahen homers to RF. 4-3 Royals.

DeJesus singles up the middle. Pinch-run for by Costa. German getting bombed pretty hard by the RAF (Royals Air Force).

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 12, 2009 -> 04:25 PM)
God damn Wassermann is f***ed up mentally since his re-callup last season.

Wait, who is pitching?

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Mar 12, 2009 -> 02:27 PM)
you're right, it's german

wasserman was pulled after recording 2 outs

That's what I thought. My line about the Royals Air Force bombing German wouldn't make much sense if he wasn't in.

I think you can pretty much forget about German being anywhere close to this White Sox roster.

German at 92 MPH is not the Franklyn German that debuted with a 96-100 MPH heater and a top a prospect. Charlotte/AAA filler bound.

Doesn't seem like Teahen is going to be able to beat out Callaspo...that leaves him fighting for time with Butler, Jacobs, Guillen, Shealy, Crisp, Gload, DeJesus, etc., for playing time and at-bats.

Beckham with a nice catch leaping into the air on a wild throw by AJ.

Kroeger's defense described as "BRUTAL" at 1B by the KC Star writer Bob Dutton...Josh is definitely not having a good day today.

The reverse blitzkrieg against German...that's what happens when you throw the straight 92-94 MPH Billy Koch fastball...you get tattooed like the Rolling Stones tour.

Edited by caulfield12