Sox and Angels, 3:05 pm CT

Jimmywins1

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 09:51 PM)
The problem with that simple analysis is that Brian has been inconsistent in his career in which guy he hits better. In 2006, for example, Brian was a fair amount better against righties than against lefties. Therefore, we benched him and put in Mack against righties.

And that was just plain and simple wrong! :lol:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Floyd has some nice movement on his fastball and what appears to be good pop. His big strikeout yacker is looking good but he hasn't been able to throw the curve for strikes much which is hurting him. Either way you can tell how much more confident he is on the mound. He looks in control, despite giving up a few runs. He's also pitching noticeably quicker. Still a slow delivery, but less time in between pitches.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 04:03 PM)
Floyd has some nice movement on his fastball and what appears to be good pop. His big strikeout yacker is looking good but he hasn't been able to throw the curve for strikes much which is hurting him. Either way you can tell how much more confident he is on the mound. He looks in control, despite giving up a few runs. He's also pitching noticeably quicker. Still a slow delivery, but less time in between pitches.

His motion looks less robotic than a year ago.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 04:03 PM)

was just gonna say the same thing...even though he's given up a few runs, gavin looks really good stuff wise out there

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 02:04 PM)
His motion looks less robotic than a year ago.

This is really good because as a whole he has a very effortless delivery (in the sense that it doesn't look as if he puts much stress on his arm). Plus I think Floyd had the true potential to be a flat out ace. If his change keeps improving, he'll reach that level. Combine a nasty curve with a great change and two solid fastballs and you are talking about a front of the rotation starter.

Guys, just to point this out, Mosely has been in and out for awhile. I'm not saying he doesn't have some talent but I certainly wouldn't be comparing his potential to a guy like Dan Haren. He's a serviceable back of the rotation starter/swingmen in your pen, imo.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 04:07 PM)
Guys, just to point this out, Mosely has been in and out for awhile. I'm not saying he doesn't have some talent but I certainly wouldn't be comparing his potential to a guy like Dan Haren. He's a serviceable back of the rotation starter/swingmen in your pen, imo.

True, but in THAT inning, his stuff looked that good. Biting sinker moving away from lefties and a dissapearing curve.

I thought Lillibridge would beat it out. Clearly he's not going to live up to his past hype at least no without making some serious adjustments to his swing. I think the 2nd base job is pretty much a lock for Getz. I just don't understand why we don't utilize him at the top of the order as well.

Weezy with a weak groundout.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 02:11 PM)
True, but in THAT inning, his stuff looked that good. Biting sinker moving away from lefties and a dissapearing curve.

Gotcha, I Didn't know if you guys were thinking he was a good prospect or something and since I follow the Angels quite a bit I was going to point out that he isn't. He definately has his moments though.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 04:09 PM)
Kalapse...your boy DWeezy is up. He says he wants to leadoff to show that your wrong. LOL

And those ground balls to the right side are just how you win a job with this club.

DWEEZY TRACKER!!!!

.281/.273/.469/.741, 0/7 BB/K

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 04:12 PM)
Gotcha, I Didn't know if you guys were thinking he was a good prospect or something and since I follow the Angels quite a bit I was going to point out that he isn't. He definately has his moments though.

Whats been his main issue? His stuff looks big league caliber.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 02:12 PM)
How'd he get on?

What'd Wise do?

Infield single for Lillibridge. Might have been ruled an error, but I'd call it a single. Than he was thrown out stealing 2nd. Didn't look like a bad jump, just a nice job by the catcher.

Wise with a weak out.