Seattle

BigSqwert

The wife and I are going to Seattle over memorial day weekend. Looking for some suggestions on things to do and see. We already planned to spend one day hiking at Mt Rainier.

Trying not to spend a ridiculous amount of money while there.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 24, 2009 -> 11:17 AM)
The wife and I are going to Seattle over memorial day weekend. Looking for some suggestions on things to do and see. We already planned to spend one day hiking at Mt Rainier. Trying not to spend a ridiculous amount of money while there.

How far away is Mt St Helens?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 24, 2009 -> 11:24 AM)
Looks like it's a bit further than Mt Rainier.

Gotcha. That's a really big thing on my "to do before I die" list, and that is to see a volcano. I won a science fair project back in like 6th grade with a project on the reforestation of MSH after the 1980 eruption, so I have always had a thing for that place.

I've been there twice and it's a cool city. Go on the port, not sure what it's called, but there's tons of little shops and restaurants. The Space Needle is cool where you can take tons of good pictures. I went on a ferry too across the skyline which was neat. Not sure what the ferry is called but I know they have those Duck rides that they have in Chicago where you go on land and on ocean.

I don't know how long you'll be there, if it's just for May 29-31, but June 1 the Mariners have a home game. It's a very nice stadium, been there once, saw Twins/M's. Then again, it could have been nicer for me since I saw Santana vs Hernandez.