White Sox - Indians @ Goodyear AZ, 3:05 CT, CSN

justBLAZE

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

MacDougal having a solid spring, which scares me, because he might win the job (especially being out of options and being paid big money). I'm 90% sure he'll just be the same guy he's been every year but 2006 - lack of control, loads of tools, poor execution and can't handle pressure scenarios. Why bother putting him in there, only to replace him in May with Carrasco or Wassermann anyway?

I just left the B games in Glendale, John Danks is on fire, I think he struck out 4 out of 5 that I saw.

In the other game Brandon Allen hit one over the right field wall, over the lanscaping and almost over the pond. Looked like that Joe Borchard shot that landed over the seats at the Cell about 5 years ago.

Is that Rock Raines kid in our farm system ? He can move.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 24, 2009 -> 10:09 PM)
MacDougal having a solid spring, which scares me, because he might win the job (especially being out of options and being paid big money). I'm 90% sure he'll just be the same guy he's been every year but 2006 - lack of control, loads of tools, poor execution and can't handle pressure scenarios. Why bother putting him in there, only to replace him in May with Carrasco or Wassermann anyway?

I was going to ask this question myself. It seems everytime he pitches it's at least a scoreless inning and 2 K's. Can a guy finally put it together?

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 24, 2009 -> 05:09 PM)

So you're suggesting we cheer against him returning to form and hope he continues to suck so his salary will be wasted?

I understand the point you're making, but as long as he is in our organization I am going to continue to hope he can return to form...I don't really see any other way to go about it...

QUOTE (scenario @ Mar 24, 2009 -> 04:04 PM)
I want MacDougal to continue having a very good spring... in the hope that some team will step up and take him off of our hands.

Absolutely. Maybe we can package him with Broadway, and make a more palatable s*** sandwich.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Mar 24, 2009 -> 01:55 PM)
Hafner = Roider. No doubt in my mind.

That wouldn't surprise anyone. Time for him to start his second career as Vin Diesel's stunt double.

QUOTE (scenario @ Mar 24, 2009 -> 05:04 PM)
I want MacDougal to continue having a very good spring... in the hope that some team will step up and take him off of our hands.

I want him to continue having a very good spring....in the hope that he will be a stud for us again...why would we not want him to perform for us?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 24, 2009 -> 08:53 PM)
I want him to continue having a very good spring....in the hope that he will be a stud for us again...why would we not want him to perform for us?

Speaking just for myself...

I wouldn't want him to perform for us, because I don't trust him as far as I can spit.

He's got a million dollar arm, a ten cent head, and gawdawful mechanics with body parts moving all over the place making his results frustratingly inconsistent.

IMO, trade his keister for a Happy Meal to the first team that offers to pick up his salary.