Should we trade for Swisher

letsgoarow

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 10:39 PM)
i completely agree.

BUT

i wanna get that video... i'd LOVE to see that. hilarious

I caught the strikeout on ESPN right after the Twins game. It was hilarious, and Gabe Kapler should be ashamed of himself.

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 09:08 PM)
One question: Why not?

see what i wrote above about Jose Canseco's escapade onto the pitcher's mound. Position players aren't pitchers and don't have their arms/shoulders/elbows on the same strengthening program as full time pitchers do. if they get a dumb idea and try throwing some offspeed junk the probability of an injury is much greater

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 06:37 AM)
see what i wrote above about Jose Canseco's escapade onto the pitcher's mound. Position players aren't pitchers and don't have their arms/shoulders/elbows on the same strengthening program as full time pitchers do. if they get a dumb idea and try throwing some offspeed junk the probability of an injury is much greater

Maybe there a few exceptions, but I don't care what their strengthening program involves, if a major league athlete wants to go throw twenty pitches (no matter what they are) there is a very high probability that his arm will be fine.

We should have never traded Swisher in the first place.

Did you mean "We should have never traded FOR Swisher iin the first place?

f*** Swisher.

He's on a high being on the historic NY Yankees. He simply sucked as a White Sox.

I don't care if he hits .400 this year. He sucked. Bye bye.

Did you mean "We should have never traded FOR Swisher iin the first place?

f*** Swisher.

He's on a high being on the historic NY Yankees. He simply sucked as a White Sox.

I don't care if he hits .400 this year. He sucked. Bye bye.

Ah, so you're one of those people from the "One bad season means he sucks" crowd. LOL.

Yes I am. Because he thoroughly, completely sucked.

There was no reason in the world to bring him back. He was horses***.

He also acted like a pussy down the stretch when Oz wisely benched his ass.

I would never blast KW for trading him even if he hits .395 this year. He was scum on the White Sox.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 03:34 AM)
Yes I am. Because he thoroughly, completely sucked.

There was no reason in the world to bring him back. He was horses***.

He also acted like a pussy down the stretch when Oz wisely benched his ass.

I would never blast KW for trading him even if he hits .395 this year. He was scum on the White Sox.

Do you believe everything Joe Cowley writes, or just what you want to hear? There's very little that suggest that Swish actually acted out while with the Sox, if anything, there was just a fundamental personality clash between he and Ozzie.

Do you remember when we were killing the Rangers and Scott Sheldon played all nine positions and struck out Jeff Liefer? It was a Rongey trivia question a few years ago and i won a jersey because iremembered the dudes name!

The funniest is when Mark Grace pitched for the Diamondbacks and did an impersonation of Mike Fetters, complete with teh staredown of the batter. I do think he got rocked though.

Doug Dascenzo actually pitched a few times for the Cubs and was not too bad, probably better there than in the field!

Swisher did not do what i thought he was going to do when he was here, i hope he does well with the yanks, but am glad to see him gone as well.