White Sox (7-6) @ Orioles (7-7) 6:05pm CDT on WCIU

Disco72

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 06:40 PM)
Gordon Beckham in the minors is sure to light a fire under his ass. Even if Beckham won't be up for months.

If beckham is up anytime this year outside of a september call up (which i sincerely doubt) i believe it is safe to say the sox have absolutely tanked.

Let beckham develope some before we all get ahead of ourselves.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 11:40 PM)
Gordon Beckham in the minors is sure to light a fire under his ass. Even if Beckham won't be up for months.

Last night Gordon k'd three times, grounded into a DP and committed an error. He needs more seasoning-preferably hot sauce. I have no idea what that means by the way

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 04:46 PM)
Last night Gordon k'd three times, grounded into a DP and committed an error. He needs more seasoning-preferably hot sauce. I have no idea what that means by the way

Sounds hot though.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 07:46 PM)

I never said he'd be coming up anytime soon. I just think it would be stupid to assume that Getz is ignorant of the fact that the team’s best hitting prospect plays his position

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 11:49 PM)
Damn.

Hawk just actually said something to the extent of "if he stays like this, Thome can hit .290 with 40 homers and 119 batted in."

God what a homer, but I love him.

119 RBI's? The ole Hakeroo likes round numbers don't he?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 06:48 PM)
I never said he'd be coming up anytime soon. I just think it would be stupid to assume that Getz is ignorant of the fact that the team’s best hitting prospect plays his position

Beckham plays shortstop.

QUOTE (tommy @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 04:53 PM)
Do you think eventually they will let Alexei be our SS and change Gordon's position strictly to 2B ?

If there are no trades, I think Getz will stay at 2b and either Alexei or Beckham will wind up in CF...but that all depends on what they get from Anderson. If he can do what we keep asking him to do (.250+ BA, 20+ HR's) then one of the 4 will be traded.

Edit: and frankly, I doubt Getz would be the one traded. He's not a power guy so he wouldn't bring back a huge return, but he'd be pretty darn valuable to this team if he can keep that average around .300 and be our classic 20 SB, .350+ obp grinder at the top of the lineup. The guys with the bigger power numbers will bring more value back. And he has a long time before he hits arbitration.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 06:54 PM)
It's a strong possibility, but where does that leave Getz?

Dye to DH

Quentin to RF

Getz to LF

Or he could stick around as some sort of a super-sub and play in about 100 games.

Edited by goblue5699