Poll - finding the pulse of Filibuster posters

lostfan

How do you want the Filibuster "Party" threads managed?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. How do you prefer discussions in the Democrat and Republican threads?

• It should be ONLY for Democrats and ONLY for Republicans (like-minded moderates at most)
    • It's ok for the "other side" to post if it's something I mostly agree with
    • I don't mind differing views in the thread if they are respectful of where they are posting
    • I don't like the idea of catch-all party threads in the first place
    • Other (please specify)
  2. 2. Do you think certain posters cross the line too often? (

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't bother me

I think we should all start our own thread with our user name as the thread title. We can post anything in our own thread but nothing anywhere else in the filibuster. You're allowed to lurk in other people's thread for no more than 10 minutes per day. Setting this up and monitoring will take a lot of time and effort so everyone should just write me a check for $40 if they want their very own thread started up.

I don't post often here, but I probably read it more than I read any other part of soxtalk. It is nice to see the other views, normally they don't change mine, but it's still good to read. I'm not surprised that currently 75% of people think posters go over the line too often. It goes on both sides where people go too far at times. I'd like to see people be more respectful of others views. Too many people think their view is the only view that should be noted.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Apr 26, 2009 -> 02:16 PM)
I wish I read this post before I voted.

I don't understand the catch-all stuff for split parties. News is news. It's basically a gossip thread about the other party except everyone sees it.

It's a way of filtering out posts that would otherwise be obnoxious/pointless to certain posters.

If I have something anti-Rep, I'll post it in the Dem thread.

That right there is the problem with the catch--all threads.

If I'm going to post something negative about the Twins or Cubs, do I post it in a pro-Sox thread?

If they're obnoxious posts, why have them? If they're only obnoxious to certain people, why don't the certain people decide what to do with the post. That's what the ignore list is for, right?

Edited by santo=dorf

I'm fine when it's real debate.

When it's inconsistent and incredibly immature is when I need to take a break. I feel one poster here perpetually fits that mold. It makes me disappear for weeks.