Jermaine Dye HBP-Leaves Game

fathom

If Dye misses a couple of games, I think someone should seriously tell Ozzie Guillen (who I know never looks at prior stats or playing history of that manner for players in the majors or minors) that up until last year (which even Steve Stone mentioned prior to the Rangers series about God still learning LF) that Carlos Quentin has played rightfield his whole life. I mean seriously, seeing Pods in center is bad enough, but putting him in RF? Ozzie really wants to lose nowadays or has no clue/forgot that Quentin is a natural RF.

Again, if Dye is out for a couple games, I would rather see a Pods-Lillibridge-Quentin outfield than a Quentin-Lillibridge(Pods)-Pods(Lillibridge) outfield. Jayson Nix's outstanding/incredible defense at 2B (who will probably start tomorrow) can only do so much.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 3, 2009 -> 01:46 AM)
If Dye misses a couple of games, I think someone should seriously tell Ozzie Guillen (who I know never looks at prior stats or playing history of that manner for players in the majors or minors) that up until last year (which even Steve Stone mentioned prior to the Rangers series about God still learning LF) that Carlos Quentin has played rightfield his whole life. I mean seriously, seeing Pods in center is bad enough, but putting him in RF? Ozzie really wants to lose nowadays or has no clue/forgot that Quentin is a natural RF.

Again, if Dye is out for a couple games, I would rather see a Pods-Lillibridge-Quentin outfield than a Quentin-Lillibridge(Pods)-Pods(Lillibridge) outfield. Jayson Nix's outstanding/incredible defense at 2B (who will probably start tomorrow) can only do so much.

Until Anderson comes back, Lillibridge is by far the best defensive CF on the roster, so I like your alignment. But if you want to get some bats out there, consider Nix 3B, Fields LF, Podsednik CF, Quentin RF. Getz is 4 for 8 against LHP, I don't know why they want to platoon him.

When the A pitchers, Buehrle, Floyd or Danks, start I'd go defense with Lillibridge. When the B pitchers start I'd go with the bats. The ball isn't going to land any deeper in the bullpen if Fields is watching it fly out instead of Quentin.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2009 -> 10:29 AM)
I was going to lose it if JD broke his hand because we had to play the last four innings of a game that was already over.

they actually got back in it even though they did still end up losing.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 3, 2009 -> 10:34 AM)
they actually got back in it even though they did still end up losing.

We actually got the tying run to the plate in the form of Brent LillyBridge in the top of the 7th. He then proceeded to have quite possibly the worst AB of the season for any White Sox hitter.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 3, 2009 -> 09:46 AM)
Lillibridge is not going to be of any help with the bat so I hope he can show some leather tonight if he plays CF. I don't doubt the kid is trying hard, but pretty weak with the lumber is all I can say

Every time he pops one up he owes us 20 pushups.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 3, 2009 -> 11:19 AM)
We actually got the tying run to the plate in the form of Brent LillyBridge in the top of the 7th. He then proceeded to have quite possibly the worst AB of the season for any White Sox hitter.

I remember that. Day threw a slurve on like 1-1 or 2-1, and I knew the AB was over at that moment, even though Lillibridge had another pitch to see. He's absolutely horrendous.