We need a new horse in the rotation

Jerksticks

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 10, 2009 -> 10:29 AM)
Any team thinkin they can contend is not going to trade you a quality pitcher. The Angels will not tade Joe Saunders, etc. Howeevr, if Pedro Martinez will sign a Bart Colon type deal he might be an option.

Well yeah, why would they? He is their number 1, that wouldnt make any sense at all. Thats not quite the example you want to look for here.

Oliver Perez can't throw a strike, and it seems Contreras pitches way too many. Not an obvious upgrade, but certainly in the Coop can Fix 'Em brand. I do wonder if Phil Hughes continues to be hit around, if he'll ever be on the market. Patience wears thin in New York.

I was watching the game Sat. night and Hawk was going off about all the starting pitching we have in our organization.

Is this true?

He said the Sox system was loaded with talent.

What pitchers in our system can you say with 80 percent certainly will excel in the bigs?

The Angels are one of the few pitching rich organizations actually. Saunders is not their ace, Lackey is, although Saunders is my favorite.

I think the majority of you misread the OP. Pedro, Odalis, Byrd? This is the same crap everyone keeps talking about. "Plug in these guys for the season blah blah." NO. We have more than enough prospects to land a stud pitcher under contract. We need to sell high on some players/prospects. Plus we are drafting 5 high-end prospects this draft. Although we cannot trade them, we can replace departed ones.

Angels need bats, we have major league bats..albeit that appears to be in theory now haha.

Saunders

Homer Bailey is too much of a project from what I understand, but good thinkin.

Who do we seriously match up with?

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ May 10, 2009 -> 11:20 PM)
Homer Bailey is too much of a project from what I understand, but good thinkin.

Who do we seriously match up with?

Bailey's no more a project then Danks and Floyd were. if anything he has more potential then both of them.

I know they pretty much suck, but what about Ian Snell or Tom Gorzelanny from the Pirates?

The Pirates are never in contention, and unless they have a ridiculous asking price for Snell or Gorzelanny, it might be possible.

I think both guys might be big projects for Coop, and if I had to pick, I'd prolly go with Snell.