Sox vs. Tribe 5/13 @ 11:05

Damn, Quentin was so close on that first pitch...almost hit a blast straight away to CF.

Oh, well...at least we've had a little excitement the last two innings and Alexei Ramirez might be alive again.

Jordan Danks 3/4 today with a 2B and 2 runs scored....go Barons, leading 2-1 in the bottom of the 8th at home.

Omogrosso with another very impressive outing today.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 13, 2009 -> 10:53 AM)
Did I see that Ozzie got ejected? Anyone watching that can tell me what happened?

Lee's had a big strike zone all day, JD had a called 3rd strike on him with the bases loaded in the 6th that he thought was inside, JD was pissed, got himself tossed, may well get an extra game or two suspension for showing up the ump, Ozzie was yelling from the dugout, ump also tossed Ozzie.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 13, 2009 -> 12:55 PM)
Lee's had a big strike zone all day, JD had a called 3rd strike on him with the bases loaded in the 6th that he thought was inside, JD was pissed, got himself tossed, may well get an extra game or two suspension for showing up the ump, Ozzie was yelling from the dugout, ump also tossed Ozzie.

His helmet also made contact with the umpire somehow...

That will be a 1 game suspension in all likelihood, possibly 2, but doubtful based on JD's career history.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 13, 2009 -> 12:56 PM)
This will be the 6th time in 33 games that the White Sox have been shutout by an opponent.

Not so fast. Highly unlikely Lee goes out for 2 more innings based on his pitch count.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 13, 2009 -> 01:07 PM)
Why can't Lillibridge learn some of that? Pods is hitting .273 on complete crap hits. I'm totally going to take that from anyone.

Lillibridge used up all his luck on injuries to teammates to keep himself in the lineup.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 13, 2009 -> 11:16 AM)
Somehow this shutout will be all Greg Walker's fault.

Frankly, I'm actually impressed we got 7 hits and a couple chances to tie with the lineup we're running out there and the strike zone the ump has given us today.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 13, 2009 -> 10:36 AM)
After KW unloaded Swisher and Vazquez he said he was moving on to the outfield. He didn't do anything. I don't think this particular line-up is what he had in mind.

The only blessing is that it shouldn't be hard to find a quality corner outfielder on the FA market. SO it is something they should be able to address with ease in the future. Defensively this team is flat out bad. With Nix hitting the way he is, it shoudl really force Alexei into CF and Nix over to SS.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 13, 2009 -> 11:22 AM)
The only blessing is that it shouldn't be hard to find a quality corner outfielder on the FA market. SO it is something they should be able to address with ease in the future. Defensively this team is flat out bad. With Nix hitting the way he is, it shoudl really force Alexei into CF and Nix over to SS.

I just hate how every fix we offer is going to wind up with Anderson going to the bench, or winding up in a platoon situation (and he's hitting RHP vastly better than LHP this year).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 13, 2009 -> 10:49 AM)
Alexei is 3/3.

The bases are loaded. This would be an ideal place to pinch hit for Lillibridge...if we had anyone.

Who the Hell are we sending up?

Alexei is at least starting to figure stuff out, or at least I hope so. That would be f***ing huge and I mean huge. Cause if he can figure s*** out you might be able to move him to CF or do something creative to get him, Getz, and Nix all in the lineup.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 13, 2009 -> 11:23 AM)
I just hate how every fix we offer is going to wind up with Anderson going to the bench, or winding up in a platoon situation (and he's hitting RHP vastly better than LHP this year).

Cause Anderson is a bench player. I hope he proves me wrong, but he still looks like piss up at the plate. Throw out every stat you want, he doesn't look like a good or even solid hitter, at least not yet.

I wish he would too. I freaking love BA and love the Sox. I root like hell for them to get hits but I was so f***ing irritated with how they handled this off-season.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 13, 2009 -> 11:26 AM)
Fields is 8/41 in May, hitting under .200.

I was going to tell you I also wouldn't have a problem with Getz at 3B and Nix at 2B, ramirez at SS for a bit if Fields continues to suck. Or at least for a day or two.