THE OFFICIAL SOXTALK 2009 MLB DRAFT THREAD

southsider2k5

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is looking more and more likely that one of Arnett/Brothers/Gibson is there and Scheppers will probably be there unless someone surprises us. Cards are about the only team I can think of with the pockets that might do that, but they love prep players in general.

Dbacks of two years ago would have gobbled up Scheppers but not anymore.

Arnett probably falls. Fathom, Sox have a preference of Arnett/Brothers over the outfielders. So if those guys are on the board, they take em. Not sure about scheppers but again, it wouldn't at all be the Sox MO. I also can't comment on Gibson.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 11:09 PM)
Arnett probably falls. Fathom, Sox have a preference of Arnett/Brothers over the outfielders. So if those guys are on the board, they take em. Not sure about scheppers but again, it wouldn't at all be the Sox MO. I also can't comment on Gibson.

That's good. I feel those guys are of greater value than some of the outfielders we've been mentioned with.

I think Gibson might go here, its about the only place he'd go, otherwise I see him falling outside of the top 25, maybe even the 1st round, although the Cubs might go the value route on him.

Pollack is a definate possibility as well.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 06:14 PM)
I think Gibson might go here, its about the only place he'd go, otherwise I see him falling outside of the top 25, maybe even the 1st round, although the Cubs might go the value route on him.

He's a big Cub fan, so that would make Gibby happy.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 06:14 PM)

The DBacks have taken a couple Missouri guys in recent years (Scherzer and Evan Frey an OF in AA from same draft class).

to the people who know these things better than me,

is there a chance the sox take a high upside high school pitcher and will there even be some1 like that available.

I think we have an opportunity to take some1 who might take a while to develop but could be potentially great

thanks