Sox @ Brewers 3:05 FOX

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 13, 2009 -> 04:48 PM)
In Alabama, we get Mets/Yankees. That of course will be the third Yankees game I've watched this week after the two national Red Sox/Yankees games from earlier this week.

But but everyone wants to watch the Yanks ...don't they?? :lolhitting

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 13, 2009 -> 11:21 PM)
I think Kenny has Thornton involved in a blockbuster trade. He doesn't want him to get hurt or diminish his trade value.

Could be the other way around, and he's trying to showcase the other guys.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 13, 2009 -> 06:19 PM)
Why has Matt Thornton become our mop-up man?

I would guess Ozzie just wants to give him some work since he hasn't pitched in a few days. Linebrink also hasn't been used much lately. Dotel's the one getting the innings lately - and he's the most likely to be traded, so I agree with the "showcase" argument on Dotel.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jun 13, 2009 -> 05:15 PM)
I was thinking recently how a Dye trade would necessitate a switch. Did not think of that but it's a great idea.

His name is pronounced "Die-Yahn," so it would be in the same ballpark.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 13, 2009 -> 05:21 PM)
I think Kenny has Thornton involved in a blockbuster trade. He doesn't want him to get hurt or diminish his trade value.

I cant express in words how false I think this is. Guys like Thornton dont just grow on trees,if anything Thornton is next in line to close if Bobby gets traded.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 13, 2009 -> 11:31 PM)
I cant express in words how false I think this is. Guys like Thornton dont just grow on trees,if anything Thornton is next in line to close if Bobby gets traded.

Don't worry, I think you're absolutely right and he's not going anywhere. I really want to see what he can do as our closer, and for now, he needs to be our 8th inning man regardless of who's batting.

Edited by fathom