Sox @ Brewers 3:05 FOX

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 13, 2009 -> 03:37 PM)
Not only is it great for Beckham to get some productivity into his stat line, but as a Cubs hater, hopefully this will convince Milwaukee to acquire another starting pitcher.

Yeah, no way they stay in first all season with their current rotation setup. They've definitely got pieces in their farm to make a deal if they choose.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 13, 2009 -> 04:40 PM)
Yeah, no way they stay in first all season with their current rotation setup. They've definitely got pieces in their farm to make a deal if they choose.

The x-factors are Craig Counsell and Casey Mcgahee if they hit well enough, they can justify trading Alcides Escobar. If not Salome remains a very attractive piece, but Jason Kendall isn't going to play forever and they moved Brett Lawrie to 2b.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 13, 2009 -> 03:44 PM)
I hope if we trade Paulie we put him in a position to win another championship. He deserves it.

I'll literally cry if we trade Konerko. Not that I would be against it under the right circumstances. But he and Buehrle are like family to me (I know. That's pathetic).

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 13, 2009 -> 04:46 PM)
I'll literally cry if we trade Konerko. Not that I would be against it under the right circumstances. But he and Buehrle are like family to me (I know. That's pathetic).

Tell me about it. I have very vivid memories of being at the Cell for game 2 and chanting "Paulie, Paulie, Paulie" for nearly two and a half innings after his slam.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jun 13, 2009 -> 03:32 PM)
lol what was that Contreras? what a hack that was.

Hey at least he wasn't scared like a lot of our hitters have been in that situation. Was pretty funny though now that 6 are on the board. Great inning.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 13, 2009 -> 03:47 PM)
Tell me about it. I have very vivid memories of being at the Cell for game 2 and chanting "Paulie, Paulie, Paulie" for nearly two and a half innings after his slam.

It's not even that. He's just an awesome f***ing dude. And he's been with us for so long that you naturally get attached to him. It's like you know him or something. Hard to explain.

PK is one of those Chicagoans who isnt from here.

It was so weird to hear him say in October "it's getting too cold for me" at the WS celebration. You just expect him to be Paulie. As opposed to California Paul.

But didnt he grow up in New England?

Edited by Princess Dye

Paulie, Thome and Buehrle are just three guys that you can imagine yourself having a beer with, and it feeling like the most natural thing in the world. It’s weird to say, but I imagine I’d be intimated with a guy like AJ or Jenksy, but it isn’t like that with Paulie. He has a very calming presence, a hell of a guy.

PK had the single greatest sports moment in my life (grand slam in game 2 of the WS). With that said, if we have to trade him, I'll wish him the best and hope we get a good return. He'll always be one of my favorite sports players.

Incidentally, I think it probably bears mentioning that there are some guys who, on the flip side, got an unfair shake by being guys who you cant imagine having a beer with.

Such as Rex Grossman, maybe Josh Fields. Although lately Josh has been saying some things that bring that treatment upon himself.