Sox @ Brewers 1:05 CSN

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its unreal how many major league players drop the bat head....and im glad stoney is along this year to point it out...i feel like thats some thing you learn day 1 of high school baseball....don't drop the f***ing bat head and you won't pop it up

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 11:28 AM)
Getz forgets how many outs there are. It's really disappointing how out of it our players seem to be. Of course that's bound to happen when you have a mute 1st base coach.

you're right, you would think Harold would be screaming at him

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 07:30 PM)
it actually really bothers me that hawk is so critical of mcdowell, who i thought actually wrote an excellent blog post on beckham

Hawk thinks Ozzie is the greatest manager of all time. Thus, he's immune to criticism and anyone who dare criticizes is an enemy.

Edited by fathom

Hawk AND Stone disagreeing sharply with McDowell. I respect Stone and he's right, it's not like Ozzie is going to heap so much praise and expectation on Gordon that he's going to put pressure on him. Don't forget that Ozzie was praising Gordon in ST, every day. Always had great things to say about him and the way he carries himself.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 01:28 PM)
Getz forgets how many outs there are. It's really disappointing how out of it our players seem to be. Of course that's bound to happen when you have a mute 1st base coach.

I would love to get Ricky Henderson as our 1B coach.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 01:30 PM)
Hawk's really holding this against Jack for some reason.

On the bright side, we'll get to watch Mark swing away, that'll be good for a laugh.

Mark's made some pretty good contact in the past if memory serves.

btw i was at the game yesterday....really liked Miller Park... it certainly was way better than what i was expecting, i think because it just looks "meh" on tv....best non-PNC park i've been to...but i've only been to 6

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 01:31 PM)
Hawk thinks Ozzie is the greatest manager of all time. Thus, he's immune to criticism and anyone who dare criticizes is an enemy.

Hawks also thinks Daley is one of the greatest mayors in the country... he's just a huge homer. I love Hawk, I love some of his calls, and I love some of his old time baseball stories, but he needs to shut up at times.

There's no doubt that Ozzie has gone about the whole Beckham and Poreda situations all wrong. You don't tell your two best prospects that if you don't preform you're outta here and s*** like that.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 01:33 PM)
Not sure why we ever got rid of Tim Raines.

I heard he had some medical issues and couldn't stand out there anymore, so we switched him and Baines... then we had to promote Cora to bench coach cause he and Ozzie are bff's, so we had to let Rock go.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 06:38 PM)
cubs fired their hitting coach...leaves me wondering when walker will go...but i get the feeling that won't be til ozzie goes...which likely won't be soon

It will be interesting to see the reaction though if the Cubs start hitting. Walker better hope that doesn't happen.