Sox @ Brewers 1:05 CSN

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 02:43 AM)
need a win before we get swept by the flubs (yes, i expect another another sweep/sweep scenario)

The Cubs offense is even more anemic than ours lately. They couldn't sweep the Mudhens. We'll win 2 of 3 from the Flubs after winning today.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 11:09 AM)
Dye getting the day off:

Podsednik lf

Ramirez ss

Pierzynski c

Konerko 1b

Wise rf

Anderson cf

Getz 2b

Beckham 3b

Buehrle p

Ugh.

Konerko protected by Wise in the lineup, never thought I would see that.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 11:56 AM)
I would legitimately have no problem hitting Mark sixth today. There's likely a better chance of him getting a hit.

Looper isn't exactly a scary proposition to deal with in terms of an opposing pitcher, but with that lineup, Mark better have his A plus game on the mound today.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 11:11 AM)
Konerko protected by Wise in the lineup, never thought I would see that.

What a pitiful lineup we have. We have a guy with a total of 14 RBI batting 3rd, and the season is more than 1/3 over.

I understand what Ozzie is trying to do, he is trying to spread the lineup out so it isnt all of his better hitters at the top and an automatic 123 at the bottom, but it is pretty ugly.

Seeing a lineup like this that's so weak makes me so thankful we didn't trade our pitching prospects for Peavy. With Dye and Thome possibly gone after this year, it's very important we have available resources to upgrade our offense.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 11:56 AM)
I would legitimately have no problem hitting Mark sixth today. There's likely a better chance of him getting a hit.

Well, considering Buehrle and Wise have the same amount of RBIs, I agree.

PK may intentionally walked a lot today.

Alexei Ramirez is one of the worst 2-hole hitters I've seen in a long time. He's better suited hitting everyday 6th or 7th. He seems to be absolutely clueless how to handle a baseball bat once Pods reaches base