quick question......

Guest hotsoxchick1

MJ And Foulke are enough for Koch. I like Koch, he has the potential to be a lights out closer for a long time. I also think Foulke can rebound, so I don't want to give up a really good prospect plus Foulke to make this trade. Keith probably needs and wants a change of scene after the way he was jerked around by the Sox. Closers have slumps, he wasn't allowed to work out of his. As far as WS catchers go, MJ and Paul depress me. I hope Olivo seizes his chance and makes good.

Originally posted by RedPinStripes

That's why this team dont win. Fundamentals are priority #1

I agree absolutely. I am not as much concerned about who plays for us right now as opposed to whether who we have can play the game. I'd like to know that we had some good teaching and coaching going on. The base running blunders last year, the last two years, have been horrendous. We've blown a bunch of games on some stupid mistakes.

Originally posted by cwsox
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

That's why this team dont win. Fundamentals are priority #1

I agree absolutely. I am not as much concerned about who plays for us right now as opposed to whether who we have can play the game. I'd like to know that we had some good teaching and coaching going on. The base running blunders last year, the last two years, have been horrendous. We've blown a bunch of games on some stupid mistakes.

Thats for sure. Luckily I think that Willie Harris, Jimenez and Crede are all pretty smart and sound fundemental players. I think the White Sox are grooming their players to be more sound now, instead of lookig for just all the tools and no smarts, they look for a mixture of both.

I'm thinking that they may end up moving Foulke for someone else of need, quite possibly.

That or they are looking for a guy that becomes a free agent at the end of the year for some reason.

For some reason I think they really want MJ as their starting catcher, and then they get a closer with similar ablility as Koch in return.

Man i hope we aren't giving up a decent prospect.

Originally posted by theoldromanAnd whats the whole point in this trade? Its like the David Wells trade. Were basically switching comodities. Ace for ace, closer for closer.

Foulke is a little b****. He can take his choke ass out of here whenever he wants.

As for why this would be a good move, Foulke is gone after this year anyway.

Originally posted by baggio202gee, i wonder what billy koch thinks of this trade??..coming from a team that wins to the sox and im sure he heard ray -ray talk about how KW runs this place like it is a maximum security prision...he must be thrilled :o

Yeah, but we got Bruce Kimm now.

In my opinion, as long as KW wouldnt trade one of our stud minors, I am all for Koch. I doubt wether Oakland would do this. I had Koch on my fantasy baseball team this year, so I watched him all the time. He is an excellent, overpowering pitcher with great stuff. Ive seen that SOB throw 100 with a good curve. the thing with Foulke, is he basically had his super-changeup, and when people got used to that he was screwed. koch is a good, raw young guy. I think if he could work on his location a little bit (its not so good), he could be the dominating closer in the majors. Oh and think of this. Buerhle throwing all of his junk in the trunk and changeups, then here comes koch with 100+ mph fastball and throwing chin music with it. he would be unhittable

but knowing KW, hell trade borchard, Rauch, almonte, Joe Valentine, and our first round picks for the next 15 years for him.

Originally posted by CaliSoxFan

I have a question?  If this trade does happen does anyone feel the Sox resigned MJ knowning full well they were going to get rid of him.  I just thought with the Sox going into Spring training with three catchers that one was going somewhere

As far as I know Josh Paul is not under contract.

Originally posted by CaliSoxFan

I have a question?  If this trade does happen does anyone feel the Sox resigned MJ knowning full well they were going to get rid of him.  I just thought with the Sox going into Spring training with three catchers that one was going somewhere

Trust me, the only reason he was signed when he was, was because the Sox had the intention of moving him elsewhere. Otherwise they would of just waited, its not like he would of won big bucks in arbirtration.

Originally posted by Poppy Hidalgo

Is he just waiting for arbitration or is he technically a free agent?

I thought Parque and Ritchie are the only two remaining Sox that were abritration eligible which would lead me to believe Paul is still with the Sox.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Is he just waiting for arbitration or is he technically a free agent?

I thought Parque and Ritchie are the only two remaining Sox that were abritration eligible which would lead me to believe Paul is still with the Sox.

My intention was he would be the first to be waived to clear room on the roster.

Two players -- pitchers Jim Parque, and Todd Ritchie, -- remain eligible for salary arbitration. The White Sox have until Dec. 7 to offer players arbitration. If clubs do not offer arbitration to eligible players, they lose their rights to sign the free agents until May 1, 2003.

Players already signed for the 2003 season and beyond are noted below. The Sox retain rights to those players not yet signed for 2003. Thomas is not officially on the roster because of his status as a conditional free agent.

The White Sox 40-man roster includes the following players. Those players signed for 2003 and beyond are noted. The club retains the rights to players not yet signed for 2003.

Pitchers (24): Jon Adkins, Edwin Almonte, Rocky Biddle, Mark Buehrle, Felix Diaz, Keith Foulke (2003), Jon Garland, Matt Ginter, Gary Glover, Delvis Lantigua, Corwin Malone, Damaso Marte, Arnie Munoz, Antonio Osuna (2003), Jim Parque, Mike Porzio, Jon Rauch, Todd Ritchie, David Sanders, Josh Stewart, Joe Valentine, Brian West, Dan Wright, Kelly Wunsch

Catchers (3): Mark Johnson (2003), Miguel Olivo, Josh Paul

Infielders (9): Joe Crede, Jason Dellaero, Tony Graffanino (2003), Willie Harris, Tim Hummell, D'Angelo Jimenez, Paul Konerko (2005), Jeff Liefer, Jose Valentin (2003)

Outfielders (4): Joe Borchard, Carlos Lee (2003), Magglio Ordonez (2004), Aaron Rowand

Originally posted by Cerbaho-WG

but knowing KW, hell trade borchard, Rauch, almonte, Joe Valentine, and our first round picks for the next 15 years for him.

You can't trade draft picks in baseball.

With the new CBA, you can.

Hmmm, If this is the case..... I think this is gonna revolutionize trades as we know it.