2010 Interleague- here it is

whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 09:48 AM)
Probably means that at least 1 of the Mets, Phils, and Braves comes to Chicago.

The last time the Sox played Philly or the Mets, it was in Chicago, though. Then again, the last time we played Washington was at their place (well..Montreal) so who knows?

I really dislike how they do the inter league schedules... what was up with us traveling to Pittsburgh back to back years? The only interleague team you should face back to back years are your interleague rivals.

I also feel the American League needs 2 more teams added to make things more even.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 10:39 AM)
I really dislike how they do the inter league schedules... what was up with us traveling to Pittsburgh back to back years? The only interleague team you should face back to back years are your interleague rivals.

I also feel the American League needs 2 more teams added to make things more even.

Florida's new stadium is a few years away isn't it? That kind of sucks, don't want to take a trip for a football stadium.

See you in DC. Tickets will be cheap and readily available. :gosoxretro:

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 12:48 PM)
Florida's new stadium is a few years away isn't it? That kind of sucks, don't want to take a trip for a football stadium.

Means I'll get to go to to both DC and Baltimore next year.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 12:39 PM)

Move the Astros from the NL Central to the AL West, problem solved. Or if you care about interleague and don't want to take the Rangers' rivals away then move, say, the Rockies to the AL West, and the Astros out of the NL Central to replace the Rockies in the west. Either way both leagues would have 15 teams.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 11:48 AM)

I don't even know if they got approval for a new stadium yet.... one of the Florida teams really needs to move out of Florida. Neither get good attendance (until the playoffs) and I'd prefer to see the Rays get moved mainly because they have such a gay name. Rays (of sunshine) is probably the gayest name of any team in sports.

I say you move the Marlins to Orlando (keep them as the Florida Marlins) and build them a kickass stadium. Places in and around Orlando are big tourist attractions, and if you put a team there, you can get a lot of tourists in your ball park. Lets go to Universal Studios one day, and a Marlins game the next!

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 11:57 AM)
Move the Astros from the NL Central to the AL West, problem solved. Or if you care about interleague and don't want to take the Rangers' rivals away then move, say, the Rockies to the AL West, and the Astros out of the NL Central to replace the Rockies in the west. Either way both leagues would have 15 teams.

If each league had 15 teams, inter league play would take place throughout the whole year. Some people might like that, but I would think it'd be terrible. It would take away from divisional games and games vs the rest of your league.

Plus, if you did that, you'd definitely have to make the rules the same in both leagues. Either get rid of the DH or have pitchers bat. And if it meant have pitchers bat, I might be a fan of it.

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 12:59 PM)
If each league had 15 teams, inter league play would take place throughout the whole year. Some people might like that, but I would think it'd be terrible. It would take away from divisional games and games vs the rest of your league.

To be honest I hate divisional games sometimes. I was going to start a thread/poll about this a month ago and for some reason I didn't. I get sick of seeing the same teams 18 or 19 times a year. I mean, in the NFL, the Bears don't play the Packers 3x a year, etc (pretty bad comparison but you get the point).

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 12:59 PM)
Plus, if you did that, you'd definitely have to make the rules the same in both leagues. Either get rid of the DH or have pitchers bat. And if it meant have pitchers bat, I might be a fan of it.

Why? It'd make things even, how is that different from what you originally said?

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 10:03 AM)
To be honest I hate divisional games sometimes. I was going to start a thread/poll about this a month ago and for some reason I didn't. I get sick of seeing the same teams 18 or 19 times a year. I mean, in the NFL, the Bears don't play the Packers 3x a year, etc.

You know what? I don't. Usually we're in a pennant race with 50-75% of the teams in our division. Sometimes I get a little tired of the Royals, but really, the when you're in a race with Cleveland, Minny, or Detroit, those 18 games against them are usually good games that I actually like paying attention to. If the Royals ever get out of the doghouse, ditto them.

The only thing that annoys me a bit is how a team like the Cubs gets to convince itself that it's really good by fattening up on the Pirates. And that's just because I don't like seeing the Cubs win.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 01:05 PM)
You know what? I don't. Usually we're in a pennant race with 50-75% of the teams in our division. Sometimes I get a little tired of the Royals, but really, the when you're in a race with Cleveland, Minny, or Detroit, those 18 games against them are usually good games that I actually like paying attention to. If the Royals ever get out of the doghouse, ditto them.

The only thing that annoys me a bit is how a team like the Cubs gets to convince itself that it's really good by fattening up on the Pirates. And that's just because I don't like seeing the Cubs win.

I should've phrased that differently. I LOVE divisional games. I hate 18-19 divisonal games. 12, or even 15, would be much better IMO.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 12:05 PM)
Why? It'd make things even, how is that different from what you originally said?

I'd be scared they make the DH in both leagues. I'm a big fan of the more traditional play the NL uses, and I'd be sad to see that go.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 12:07 PM)
I should've phrased that differently. I LOVE divisional games. I hate 18-19 divisonal games. 12, or even 15, would be much better IMO.

In my plan, divisional games would have to be trimmed down to 15-16 games, at least for the central.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 11:58 AM)
I don't even know if they got approval for a new stadium yet.... one of the Florida teams really needs to move out of Florida. Neither get good attendance (until the playoffs) and I'd prefer to see the Rays get moved mainly because they have such a gay name. Rays (of sunshine) is probably the gayest name of any team in sports.

I say you move the Marlins to Orlando (keep them as the Florida Marlins) and build them a kickass stadium. Places in and around Orlando are big tourist attractions, and if you put a team there, you can get a lot of tourists in your ball park. Lets go to Universal Studios one day, and a Marlins game the next!

I didn't know there were gay and straight names.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 12:01 PM)
The last time the Sox played Philly or the Mets, it was in Chicago, though. Then again, the last time we played Washington was at their place (well..Montreal) so who knows?

Well no, we played the Phils in Philly back in 07'

If it aint broke don't fix it.

However we've played NL Central teams with like 1 NL west team the last 2-3 years and its gotten old. It'll be nice to see the NL East, and I really think they should rotate divisions every year.

Edited by kev211

with 15/15 you'd be forced to play the interleague games from start of the season to end of the season. There would be at least 1 team in each league with out a match-up for a series if you didn't. It could work, if you don't bulk all interleague games into one month and spread them through out the year.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 11:39 AM)

They can schedule us with Pittsburgh as many times as they like as far as I am concerned.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 10:16 AM)
I'd be scared they make the DH in both leagues. I'm a big fan of the more traditional play the NL uses, and I'd be sad to see that go.

I like the difference in style between the leagues as well. I'd be sad to see either style go.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 01:44 PM)
I like the difference in style between the leagues as well. I'd be sad to see either style go.

Perhaps. But as much of a traditionalist I am in everything else, I really prefer the DH. I'd rather pull my nails out than watch some pitcher take three weak swings and sit down.