Gov. Palin Resigns (Quits)

bmags

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 11:27 AM)
Sorry. I'll just start making posts like this one:

He can say that if he wants, there's no rules against that. People have made worse/less substantive posts.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 01:59 AM)
I was the target of that post and I didn't find it offensive. I used 7 asterisks to describe Obama. I could have been saying he was an analyst for all anybody knows. I didn't type out the word.

If you were just gonna call him an analyst though, you'd just go ahead and write that much without the **'s though right?

Although I haven't really heard anyone call Obama an analyst before. :lolhitting

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 10:59 AM)
I was the target of that post and I didn't find it offensive. I used 7 asterisks to describe Obama. I could have been saying he was an analyst for all anybody knows. I didn't type out the word.

:lolhitting You selling some ocean front property in Kentucky

QUOTE (dbaho @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 11:05 AM)
If you were just gonna call him an analyst though, you'd just go ahead and write that much without the **'s though right?

Although I haven't really heard anyone call Obama an analyst before. :lolhitting

Well maybe the first 4 letters of the word apply more than entire word. :lolhitting

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 11:08 AM)
I can make you a great offer!

:lolhitting You've always been a big time *******.

you know, Realtor :lol:

In the current direction this thread is (or was) going, which of the following apply or do not apply?

1. I will not insult other posters, directly or indirectly

2. I will not threaten anyone, even in jest

3. I will not bait people or push them over the line (a.k.a. pushing their buttons)

4. I will not post statements for the purpose of angering others

5. I will not prod posters repeatedly on a subject or chase them across topics to make a point

6. I will try to make posts that actually add to the discussion at hand

Obviously it's subjective but I know it when I see it. I let most things ride but sometimes I have to throw the flag. It doesn't mean I'm targeting anyone either. Everyone just smile and nod.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (Tex @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 11:11 AM)
:lolhitting You've always been a big time *******.

you know, Realtor :lol:

As long as you didn't mean Cubsfan, I'm cool with it.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 11:13 AM)
As long as you didn't mean Cubsfan, I'm cool with it.

:lolhitting s***, that would get me suspended. I know how serious that kind of insult is around here.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 10:09 AM)
My 1st post in the Buster in months ... but if my family had been raked over the coals like Palin's has I'd bail out too.

She has her priorities right. Family first, career a distant second.

I agree 100% with the first line - the treatment people in her position get would be very hard on a family.

But I couldn't disagree more with your second line. Her behavior has made it abundantly clear she didn't do this for her family, as has been described previously. She loves the show, she created the circus act and begs the media to follow her on her family vacations. She wants what she is getting - lots of attention.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 09:39 AM)
I agree 100% with the first line - the treatment people in her position get would be very hard on a family.

But I couldn't disagree more with your second line. Her behavior has made it abundantly clear she didn't do this for her family, as has been described previously. She loves the show, she created the circus act and begs the media to follow her on her family vacations. She wants what she is getting - lots of attention.

So far she's spent the time since her "Resignation" giving press interviews and using things like Facebook messages to bash the press and the have a verbal duel with her daughter's baby-daddy.

I'd be more than happy to believe that she actually did this for her family...she just has to start acting like it. If she does, I'll be content to never think of her again.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 11:43 AM)
So far she's spent the time since her "Resignation" giving press interviews and using things like Facebook messages to bash the press and the have a verbal duel with her daughter's baby-daddy.

I'd be more than happy to believe that she actually did this for her family...she just has to start acting like it. If she does, I'll be content to never think of her again.

Exactly. I'd have all the respect for her decision to protect her family, if, she was actually protecting her family. She is quite clearly not.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 09:44 AM)
Exactly. I'd have all the respect for her decision to protect her family, if, she was actually protecting her family. She is quite clearly not.

I'll even accept that she's spending some time clearing the air and fighting through a few grudges for the next month or two. More than happy to give her that.

But I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm just confused as to how quitting her job as Governor benefits her family if she continues to be in the spotlight by planning to speak at events, perform interviews, write books, etc. How is all of that going to give her family less attention?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 09:48 AM)
I'm just confused as to how quitting her job as Governor benefits her family if she continues to be in the spotlight by planning to speak at events, perform interviews, write books, etc. How is all of that going to give her family less attention?

It doesn't. That's my point. If she's doing this for her family, then as of say, August, she ought to be disappearing. No more Katie Couric rides on her husband's snowmobiles, no more appearances at big Republican events in the lower 48, no random appearances at local fish-fries in Iowa, no more "Sarah Palin calls Barack Obama a Commie-Nazi" reports on the evening news. If that happens, then I'll buy that her family just needed privacy and that's why she departed.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 11:09 AM)
My 1st post in the Buster in months ... but if my family had been raked over the coals like Palin's has I'd bail out too. She has her priorities right. Family first, career a distant second.

If you don't want your family raked over the coals, don't use them as political props.

It would seem very plausible to me that she is taking a few weeks or even a month to clean up all the loose ends, then is hoping to fade back into the role of family. There does seem to be a transition time.

Not saying I necessarily agree that is her intent, just saying that makes a whole lot of sense to me. There are questions to be asked and answered. Easier to answer than try to evade them. Tough to quit cold turkey. (whatever the hell that means)