Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Dec 26, 2009 -> 09:32 PM)
I'm reading this thread from page one and I noticed a lot of you didn't want Huet to be the Hawks' goalie this season.

What would you say on his performance so far this season?

He has gotten a lot better. I think a page or two back I called him Alexeis evil twin... He can't play until its cold out.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Dec 26, 2009 -> 09:32 PM)
I'm reading this thread from page one and I noticed a lot of you didn't want Huet to be the Hawks' goalie this season.

What would you say on his performance so far this season?

I'm very happy with his play since the shaky start, but it's the not yet winning a playoff series that still concerns me.

Obviously that won't even be in his power to change until April, but the higher the playoff seed the Hawks earn, the better the chances of taking care of that first-round opponent.

Unless they win the President's Cup, that is.....

:D

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 26, 2009 -> 10:45 PM)
I'm very happy with his play since the shaky start, but it's the not yet winning a playoff series that still concerns me.

Obviously that won't even be in his power to change until April, but the higher the playoff seed the Hawks earn, the better the chances of taking care of that first-round opponent.

Unless they win the President's Cup, that is.....

:D

I will say this much. It would f***ing suck to have a great season and finish either first or second in the points standings in the west, and then draw a newly healthy Detroit team in the first round.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 27, 2009 -> 10:07 AM)
I will say this much. It would f***ing suck to have a great season and finish either first or second in the points standings in the west, and then draw a newly healthy Detroit team in the first round.

That's a very real concern.

However, a rivalry opponent in the first round would be a good thing, IMO. Makes sure there's no complacency.

(I don't think we have to worry about complacency with this team, though. They seem to show up for almost every game with very few exceptions)

tonights game not televised? 670thescore.com and nhl.com say WGN-HD, and FSN-TN but when i check my comcast guide, WGN doesn't show the game as being on :(

can those of you living in CHI check your comcast guide listing for me? perhaps its because i live near peoria/bloomington

QUOTE (Real @ Dec 27, 2009 -> 01:14 PM)
tonights game not televised? 670thescore.com and nhl.com say WGN-HD, and FSN-TN but when i check my comcast guide, WGN doesn't show the game as being on :(

can those of you living in CHI check your comcast guide listing for me? perhaps its because i live near peoria/bloomington

The game is on WGN. However, you may have WGN America, which is not the same. Basically, if you are not in the viewing area you won't be able to see the game. The issue is that while WGN is a superstation, the Hawks cannot be broadcast on WGN America, it has to be local. The league only allows national broadcasts to be done by Versus.

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Dec 27, 2009 -> 01:23 PM)
The game is on WGN. However, you may have WGN America, which is not the same. Basically, if you are not in the viewing area you won't be able to see the game. The issue is that while WGN is a superstation, the Hawks cannot be broadcast on WGN America, it has to be local. The league only allows national broadcasts to be done by Versus.

That blows, we are able to see the CSN games and versus games, but not WGN. bleh

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 27, 2009 -> 11:36 AM)
That's a very real concern.

However, a rivalry opponent in the first round would be a good thing, IMO. Makes sure there's no complacency.

(I don't think we have to worry about complacency with this team, though. They seem to show up for almost every game with very few exceptions)

I don't see complacency at as problem for this team either, between having a very young corp with a lot to prove, some very motivated vets who have been down the road before (Hossa, Madden, Kopecky), and a never happy Coach Q behind the bench, they will play the entire season.

I do worry much more about drawing a team that is a Stanley Cup talent after a season where they don't (at least to this point) deserve that sort of a match up. This is a still a team that could beat them in a seven game series, when healthy.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 27, 2009 -> 10:07 AM)

I doubt that would happen. If Detroit gets guys back with 20 games left or so, they'll easily move from 8th to 6th or maybe higher.