Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 09:07 AM)
Which is exactly what killed the Hawks last year. Not 20 minutes, not 40 minutes... 60 minutes. That is how you win a cup.

It's one game, on the road, against a damn good team. This will be a nice little jolt for the Hawks to realize that even though ESPN and SI pick them to win the Cup, they have to do the work.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 09:52 AM)
It's one game, on the road, against a damn good team. This will be a nice little jolt for the Hawks to realize that even though ESPN and SI pick them to win the Cup, they have to do the work.

And to add...a team that had its home opener after coming home from a rotten European season-opening couple of games. This is one game...we'll see how it goes from there.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 09:52 AM)

a damn good team that just lost a key player for at least four months...Franzen tore his ACL in the game last night

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 05:26 PM)
Consider last nights game a win with the news Johan Franzen suffered a torn ACL.......Wings are looking really thin up front, and in net.

I think looking at an injury as a win is a bit harsh, but yeah, losing Franzen really hurts the Wings.

And although Osgood played his ass off last night, their overall goaltending has to be considered suspect.

Once the Hawks get it going, and play a little more consistently over the entire 60 minutes, they're the favorites to take the Central for sure.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 06:35 PM)
I didn't want it to come off like I was happy for the injury, so apologizes if it came out that way.

No, I got what you meant, I just thought referring to it as a win could be taken the wrong way.

But injuries do happen in sports, obviously, and Franzen's injury actually is advantageous to the Hawks.

It sucks, but that's part of sports.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 12:15 AM)
Hopefully that shootout can be something that Huet can build on going forward.

I'm not sure how much building material there was, most of his stops were due to Colorado screw ups. He had a good save, maybe two, but that's it. Still nice to get 2 points though.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 04:41 PM)
I'm not sure how much building material there was, most of his stops were due to Colorado screw ups. He had a good save, maybe two, but that's it. Still nice to get 2 points though.

I'll take anything positive with Huet ATM, even if it is very slight.

At least Niemi has shown that he can produce if needed.