What do we want from the Braves?

Before i remembered his shoulder surgeries i was thinking Kelly Johnson due to the emergence of Martin Prado. I put him in CF, at first, but he can't make the throw anymore. As for 2b, i just get the impression that we like what Getz is doing, i would never rule out a move though. I agree thatHanson, Heyward, Jurrjens are untouchable. I wonder about their slighly less prospects like Freddie Freeman and Kris Medlen.

Edited by Thunderbolt

Javy Vazquez is having a great year and he and ozzie were golfing together in like 2006 or whenever it was. I'm sure he'd fit in well.

Seriously, outside of the bullpen, I'm not sure where we actually have room for anyone. We could put in another SP but it needs to be a major upgrade over the guys we have right now, and few people are moving those type of pitchers.

I can't imagine us trading for one of their prospects, and the Braves are not going to move one of their young pitchers.

I am hearing conflicting information on Escobar...I hear one day Bobby Cox really struggles with him, and another day I hear he loves him. So I am really confused.

I agree it probably isn't a reliever either.

I really don't know what we need from them...our only true need is SP and possibly 3b, but even those aren't urgent needs...

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 12:08 PM)
One thing I think is true - I doubt these teams are scouting Dotel. If they were, Thornton would not have gone 2 innings last night. We would have seen Octavio out there.

Really? You think that Ozzie, or any manager, would put a player in JUST to showcase them in such an important series? Even if it's not the best matchups? I don't believe that. I can't imagine any manager would take that chance JUST to showcase a player for one game. Maybe that's why the scouts are here so long...?