SOX v. Detroit, 6:05PM WCIU

MHizzle85

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 06:59 PM)
Beckham roped that ball but Inge made the nice play. I don't understand why they don't hit-and-run every situation they can with Getz on and Beckham batting.

He is saving his hit and run calls for non contact guys like Wise.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 01:00 AM)
He is saving his hit and run calls for non contact guys like Wise.

Awful...I knew he was going to play Wise both games today. No excuse for it to not be Pods playing both games.

This sounds terrible, but for the Miller Lite Drive Responsibility commercial shown on WCIU, did they intentionally use clips of the goofiest looking people? It's almost as if a Cub fan put together the commercial with the purpose of using stereotypical Sox fans.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 07:02 PM)
This sounds terrible, but for the Miller Lite Drive Responsibility commercial shown on WCIU, did they intentionally use clips of the goofiest looking people? It's almost as if a Cub fan put together the commercial with the purpose of using stereotypical Sox fans.

Yeah I seen that...brutal.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 07:04 PM)
Where the hell was that pitch to Cabrera? Shouldn't have even been in question.

He didn't throw it 3 inches below the knee where Gorman wants it.

It would be nice if our umpires actually called the zone that is defined in the rulebook. Instead of this mystery zone of who is umping that day, and how they feel.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 07:11 PM)
Dewayne Wise first pitch hunting popup to 2nd. Glad Guillen said he wanted to get him more ABs. f***

He said that? Although we shoulda known he woulda been playing all day after yesterday.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 07:12 PM)
He said that? Although we shoulda known he woulda been playing all day after yesterday.

In the pregame, Farmer stated that Ozzie wanted to start getting Wise more ABs and wanted to have him play both games. We live in a bizarro reality where Wise has some fancy value. We didnt want to put him on waivers, because we were worried that someone was gong to pick him up. What team outside of Newark would say, god that Dewayne Wise is something I need for my team.

But he made a catch. So he is here as long as he wants to be.