Sox. Tigers. Baseball. Fox. 3P. G

Heads22

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox420* @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 04:28 PM)
Any chance Lexi and Beckham switch stops in the lineup?

The idea of Beckham getting more pitches to hit and more fastballs is exciting considering at the bottom of the lineup, there is no protection.

To answer your question. No. That won't happen. Unfortunately.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 02:30 PM)
The idea of Beckham getting more pitches to hit and more fastballs is exciting considering at the bottom of the lineup, there is no protection.

To answer your question. No. That won't happen. Unfortunately.

It's not like Alexei's been bad in that spot.

Getz and Beckham together are probably moving up in the order real quick next year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 04:31 PM)

Getz and Beckham together are probably moving up in the order real quick next year.

You guys really have Gordon penciled in at 3B next year?

I think we, Sox fans, have the obligation to come up with a clever nickname for Getz to go along with that of the “Bacon Slayer” Gordon Beckham. This nickname, of course, is to be used in conjunction with the awesome hit and run combo they seem to be forming.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 10:32 PM)
I think we, Sox fans, have the obligation to come up with a clever nickname for Getz to go along with that of the "Bacon Slayer" Gordon Beckham. This nickname, of course, is to be used in conjunction with the awesome hit and run combo they seem to be forming.

The wing man

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 04:31 PM)

Beckham has a much higher OBP than Alexei. He sees more pitches, takes a walk, is hard to strikeout, has a high contact rate and looks to be a high average, line drive type hitter. He would be dangerous in the 2 hole. Where as Alexei has a hard time hitting breaking pitches, doesn't walk, and has a medicore OBP.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 02:33 PM)
Beckham has a much higher OBP than Alexei. He sees more pitches, takes a walk, is hard to strikeout, has a high contact rate and looks to be a high average, line drive type hitter. He would be dangerous in the 2 hole. Where as Alexei has a hard time hitting breaking pitches, doesn't walk, and has a medicore OBP.

Beckham has a slightly higher OBP than Alexei, and a decent chunk of that is where their batting averages currently sit (beckham's is slightly higher but is trending down). Beckham is taking 1 walk per 10 AB's, Alexei's taking 1 walk per 11.5 AB's this year.

Long Term, I want Beckham hitting 3rd. For now, Alexei in the 2 hole works for me. Alexei's #'s since he moved in to the 2 hole are even better. Higher OBP in that spot than Beckham. Exact same walk rate as Beckham since he moved in to the 2 spot.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 04:37 PM)
Beckham has a slightly higher OBP than Alexei, and a decent chunk of that is where their batting averages currently sit (beckham's is slightly higher but is trending down). Beckham is taking 1 walk per 10 AB's, Alexei's taking 1 walk per 11.5 AB's this year.

Long Term, I want Beckham hitting 3rd. For now, Alexei in the 2 hole works for me. Alexei's #'s since he moved in to the 2 hole are even better. Higher OBP in that spot than Beckham. Exact same walk rate as Beckham since he moved in to the 2 spot.

Are you seriously saying that you think Alexei is a better 2 hitter than Beckham?