Sox. Tigers. Baseball. Fox. 3P. G

Heads22

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 04:54 PM)
I don't expect Beckham to hit more than 20-25 homers in a year, but I think he can still be an effective #3 hitter if we try to go away from the long ball.

As long as we are playing regularly at U.S. Cellular Field and have Kenny Williams as a GM, we'll still be a power-centered lineup. I will say though, that Beckham batting 3rd with big boppers 4-5-6 would bring a nice balance provided we have 1-2 and 8-9 hitters that can get on base.

My best case scenario in 3 years is Danks/Beckham/Quentin 1-2-3.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tommy @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 04:55 PM)
Grace and Rose both pick the White Sox for the division win FWIW

LOL

They picked the Sox over the Tigers because of the Tigers 4,5 spots in the rotation, as if we're secure in that area....

QUOTE (Jimmywins1 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 04:59 PM)
I think Mitchell would be a great #9 hitter, Danks seems to have more OBP potential to me.

Disagree. If there was one thing that Mitchell actually polished in college, it was his ability to draw a walk and get on base.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 11:00 PM)
Disagree. If there was one thing that Mitchell actually polished in college, it was his ability to draw a walk and get on base.

I really think Danks is going to be more of a defensive player in the majors and probably be a #8 hitter.

QUOTE (Jimmywins1 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 04:59 PM)
I think Mitchell would be a great #9 hitter, Danks seems to have more OBP potential to me.

Danks is the same as Beckham in terms of power. If Danks actually realizes his potential... watch out. I don't think he ever will personally, but he might be a very good 5 hole hitter or so. He could be a left handed Matt Kemp if every damn thing goes right.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 05:03 PM)
102 pitches for G through 6. He could start the 7th potentially if he feels up to it.

Damn we need to win this game.

I think he can start the 7th especially since it'll be the lower 3rd of their lineup.