Sox. Tigers. Baseball. Fox. 3P. G

Heads22

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 04:45 PM)
Long term I still want Beckham as a #3 hitter. Right now, I still like Alexei in the 2 hole.

If Beckham develops how fathom believes he will, he will be a stud, XBH, 25+ homer 3 hole hitter. If Beckham develops to how I believe he will, he will be a stud, gap to gap, disciplined, 2 hole hitter.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 02:46 PM)
You think he'll ever have the pop to be a #3? I'm not so sure.

Since he legitimately started hitting (excluding his first 30 AB's or so) Beckham has 11 doubles in 120 at bats. The guys currently leading the AL in Doubles, Roberts and Lind, have 32 doubles in 370+ at bats. Beckham has a higher doubles-rate than the guys leading the league in doubles and he's a rookie. These balls aren't going to be staying in the park his whole career.

Edit: that's before his double today.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 04:48 PM)
If Beckham develops how fathom believes he will, he will be a stud, XBH, 25+ homer 3 hole hitter. If Beckham develops to how I believe he will, he will be a stud, gap to gap, disciplined, 2 hole hitter.

As much as I love Beckham, I don't see him developing into a 25+ homer guy ever. It's possible, but I'd much rather have him hitting .300 with 20 HR and 80-100 RBI a year with a high OBP.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 04:51 PM)
Beck just seems like a prototypical #2 hitter.

At this point, yes. I've been comparing him offensively to Derek Jeter in his prime for a while now.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 04:51 PM)
At this point, yes. I've been comparing him offensively to Derek Jeter in his prime for a while now.

Thats who I think of when I watch him hit. He is a guy thats going to piss off a lot of pitchers and opposing fans in our division. He will be the guy you don't want to face late in games. The type of hitter we have missed for a while here.