Manny and Big Papi tested positive for steroids in 03

LittleHurt05

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 11:44 AM)
So at what point does their World Series win in '04 get tarnished? I'm of the opinion that it already is. I would love to hear what Schilling has to say about htis.

This is a glorious day for Yankees fans.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 11:46 AM)
They looked shell shocked on ESPN. Steve Phillips is pretty much being an apologist for them.

I wouldn't be suprised if ESPN turns to a "everybody did it" tact and start spewing that basically everyone was on them so the playing field was equal and they didn't really have an advantage

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 11:46 AM)
Wow Big Shocker here.... it will be hilarious to watch ESPN now.

I feel sorry watching this.

They're saying the Red Sox are just as tainted as everybody else who had roid users. Really?

Their two best players were on roids. It's not like they were Timo Perez.

I think we as White Sox fans have to face the realistic possability that within a year a major name on the 05 team will be strongly tied to steroids. I'm not actually thinking of anybody in particular, but the way the numbers are shaking out, I'm just trying to be logical

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 05:53 PM)
That whole Red Sox offense was probably on something.

I've been telling people on here for 5 years that the son of a scout who I went to Grad School with told me back in 2003 that the Red Sox players were the biggest abusers of PEDs in all of baseball.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 05:54 PM)
I think we as White Sox fans have to face the realistic possability that within a year a major name on the 05 team will be strongly tied to steroids. I'm not actually thinking of anybody in particular, but the way the numbers are shaking out, I'm just trying to be logical

Wasn't 2005 though the first year that they had testing? I would say it's very likely we were the cleanest World Series winners in a few decades.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 11:55 AM)
Wasn't 2005 though the first year that they had testing? I would say it's very likely we were the cleanest World Series winners in a few decades.

well, there's HGH and many other things, also, the 2003 list many of us are projecting on to the 04 Red Sox WS team

I should have said PEDs instead of steroids in my orig post

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 09:55 AM)

2004 was the first year they had regular testing...but no penalties and no exposure for a first positive test. 2005 was the first year with testing and immediate suspensions for a first positive test. That's the year Palmeiro was caught.