Chicago (57-55) at Seattle (58-53) 9:10pm CST

iWiN4PreP

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 09:24 PM)
I know this is unrealted to his game but I love that the cubs have to play the Rockies and Phillies while the Cardinals are facing the Pirates and Reds.

hopefully the Cards just pull away................

QUOTE (WCSox @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 09:23 PM)
I must've missed something from earlier today. Please don't tell me that Kenny or Ozzie has penciled Rios into RF.

No, but Dye went out and publicly said the deal is 'shocking' and he hopes it doesn't mean end of his White Sox career.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 09:30 PM)
Here comes another 'unkown pitcher from somewhere' to handcuff the Sox.

I'd almost rather face freaking Roy Halladay than some of these no name guys (yes I know French is a good prospect).

Yep, like clockwork. No good thing seems sustainable with this team.

QUOTE (nastymasty21 @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 03:33 AM)
dont think so. Dye or Thome gone for sure. Pods maybe but depends on what he thinks he can get on the market

Where would Pods play if they bring him back? Rios acquisition today should signal Pods going elsewhere next season.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 09:34 PM)
Where would Pods play if they bring him back? Rios acquisition today should signal Pods going elsewhere next season.

4th OF and good bat off the bench.

I think the Sox get all three guys back at below market value.

Really all they need to do is fill the 5th starter role and that is it for next year.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 02:40 AM)
4th OF and good bat off the bench.

I think the Sox get all three guys back at below market value.

Really all they need to do is fill the 5th starter role and that is it for next year.

Pods will be/should be looking for starting outfield money.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 09:40 PM)
I love Jayson's eye. He has great AB's, hopefully more hits will come from them.

I think next year he will be an asset as he can be guaranteed a utility role unlike this year when he was really close to being out of baseball. I think a comfort level will settle in and we will see the defense that he can bring.

QUOTE (SockMe @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 03:42 AM)
Thome is the kind of guy that would be willing to take a pay cut to stay, maybe Dye too. But if Pods gets a better offer somewhere else, He Gone!

I wouldn't be so quick to say Dye would take a pay cut if some team is willing to give him a 3 year deal or so.

QUOTE (tommy @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 07:29 PM)
No, but Dye went out and publicly said the deal is 'shocking' and he hopes it doesn't mean end of his White Sox career.

The Sox are in a pennant race in mid-August and Dye is telling the press that he's worried about "the end of his White Sox career?" What a f'n baby.