Chicago (57-55) at Seattle (58-53) 9:10pm CST

iWiN4PreP

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 09:17 PM)
What team have you been watching this year? We are the worst late inning, from behind team in baseball.

Don't care. I know this team can come through in the end when all is said and done. I have faith in them because of what happened last year. Granted they don't make it easy on themselves, but in both 2005 and 2008 it looked like all hope was lost, and they came through. Ozzie knows how to get through to his guys, and if anything they're pressing because they know they're in a pennant race.

I'm quite aware we can't hit for s*** in the later innings, that wasn't my point. My point is is that you can't get worked up day in and day out. It's a pennant race, enjoy it. Just be glad you're not a Royals/Indians/Mets fan at this point.

It's amusing to me how everyone overreacts after we lose 1 to 2 games. We just came off a homestand where we took 3 of 4 from the Yankees, 2 of 3 from the Angels, and 1 of 3 of the Indians. If you were to tell me that after that homestand we would go on the road with a 6-4 record, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 03:28 AM)
He adds a really nice dimension to this team. He really struggled at SS, but overall, he's a fairly complete player. He just hasn't been able to put it together yet.

I love Nix as a utility player, but how is someone that has hit in the low .200s all year a pretty complete player? However, at least Walker is working with him on using the whole field.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 10:25 PM)
Don't care. I know this team can come through in the end when all is said and done. I have faith in them because of what happened last year. Granted they don't make it easy on themselves, but in both 2005 and 2008 it looked like all hope was lost, and they came through. Ozzie knows how to get through to his guys, and if anything they're pressing because they know they're in a pennant race.

I'm quite aware we can't hit for s*** in the later innings, that wasn't my point. My point is is that you can't get worked up day in and day out. It's a pennant race, enjoy it. Just be glad you're not a Royals/Indians/Mets fan at this point.

It's amusing to me how everyone overreacts after we lose 1 to 2 games. We just came off a homestand where we took 3 of 4 from the Yankees, 2 of 3 from the Angels, and 1 of 3 of the Indians. If you were to tell me that after that homestand we would go on the road with a 6-4 record, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

I am not trying to be overly negative with this but they are 57-55 and people are talking about how guys may be miffed that they are making moves. Buerhle when they got Peavy and now Dye when they get Rios. It seems like this team really thinks they are better than what they are and Guillen seems overly complacent as well. Sometimes I feel that winning is not as important as it should be especially recently with some really bad fundamental mistakes.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 11:28 PM)
I love Nix as a utility player, but how is someone that has hit in the low .200s all year a pretty complete player? However, at least Walker is working with him on using the whole field.

It’s a legitimate question which is why I ended my post; by saying he hasn’t put it together yet. What Nix lacks is the ability to hit consistently at the major league level, but he still adds a nice complexion to this team with his glove and his patience. Maybe, not a complete player, but he has the complete package.