A Rumor that is

LDF

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in favor of a swap of Colon straight up for Foppert...

fot me and i been following the sfo farm for a while, i would take jesse, matt cain, craig whitaker(sp) and eric threets.

they can keep jerome williams and the other guy.

lets look at what is the potential of losing him, he can get hot and dominate the playoff when he is pitching, 2 comp for him.

fot me and i been following the sfo farm for a while, i would take jesse, matt cain, craig whitaker(sp) and eric threets.

lets look at what is the potential of losing him, he can get hot and dominate the playoff when he is pitching, 2 comp for him.

You guys extremely underestimate the value of Bartolo Colon.

Foppert...Ainsworth...Williams

Thats who u get.

Thats who u get.

That will never happen in a million years.

Thats who u get.

i am not underestimating his value. in fact the 2 pitcher i mention may have more upside than williams, cain and whitaker.

i just don't see them giving up ainsworth, but we need a starter in return.

i been spouting for william for 2 yrs now and i heard that he is lazy, and does not have a good attitude. we don't need another person like that. that is why he hasn't produce like he should have.

cain and whitaker are young power studs in the making with cain being 1 or 2 yrs away.

eric threets has a diastorous yr this yr, but you don't give up on a pitcher who throws 101 mph.

Thats who u get.

i am not underestimating his value. in fact the 2 pitcher i mention may have more upside than williams, cain and whitaker.

i just don't see them giving up ainsworth, but we need a starter in return.

i been spouting for william for 2 yrs now and i heard that he is lazy, and does not have a good attitude. we don't need another person like that. that is why he hasn't produce like he should have.

cain and whitaker are young power studs in the making with cain being 1 or 2 yrs away.

eric threets has a diastorous yr this yr, but you don't give up on a pitcher who throws 101 mph.

Getting Foppert would be good enough in my eyes, this guy is arguably one of the best pitching prospects in baseball and he handcuffed the Sox this year with 10 K's if my memory serves me well. He's gonna be solid.

I am for this trade and since it seems the sox werent going to resign colon anyway then whoever we get will be good for us..i think williams can get us some talent that will help us now and many years to come...remember the last time we traded with san francisco(not counting the Lofton deal)??

Williams: 5-1 with a 2.93 ERA with 10 starts with the Giants this year.

The guy is only 21 years old. The kid is a freaking stud. Ainsworth is potentially out for the season but he's really good too. The Sox would add 3 guys to their rotation for next season, meaning Wright can fully become the closer while the Sox could let Colon walk and go with Buehrle, Loaiza, Garland and 2 of the 3 Giant hurlers with one moving to the pen or pitching in AAA getting more seasoning.

The guy is only 21 years old. The kid is a freaking stud. Ainsworth is potentially out for the season but he's really good too. The Sox would add 3 guys to their rotation for next season, meaning Wright can fully become the closer while the Sox could let Colon walk and go with Buehrle, Loaiza, Garland and 2 of the 3 Giant hurlers with one moving to the pen or pitching in AAA getting more seasoning.

i know what you are saying but his attitude has me wondering.

if this is the case and we go for the trade and ainsworth is out then ask for that kid francisco lariona(sp)

we r getting guys that can compete at the major league level right now for a guy who has been average for us and will most likely leave..what do u think we should do..keep colon and let him become a free agent after this year and get nothing in return..do u really see us being able to compete with boston trying to sign colon??

i know what you are saying but his attitude has me wondering.

if this is the case and we go for the trade and ainsworth is out then ask for that kid francisco lariona(sp)

The thing is, Ainsworth had an ERA under 4 at the majors this year prior to the injury. Sox get Ainsworth, Foppert and Williams and they get three guys that are capable of starting next year and capable of being excellent.

Two have proven themselves at the major league level, while Foppert was awesome in his last start against Colorado.

I still don't understand the rationale of trading Colon for prospects

after we traded prospects for Alomar and Everett both.

Just more dysfunctional baseball wheeling and dealing by out Sox.

Its a tough rational. I do it because I think it means Reiny will allow some other things to happen. Its also because I think Williams and Foppert are good enough to pitch right now and win games with the Sox down the stretch, giving the Sox a solid fifth, which allows Porzio or Wright to move to the bullpen.

we r getting guys that can compete at the major league level right now for a guy who has been average for us and will most likely leave..what do u think we should do..keep colon and let him become a free agent after this year and get nothing in return..do u really see us being able to compete with boston trying to sign colon??

i don't care if he walks or not, we will get at least 2 draft picks for him.

if the trade goes with sfo and the scenerior we describe would be the best that i can see, and yes i will put williams in there, jesse, william, matt cain, francisco and craig and only for these guys.

what i am saying in the org post is he can dominate in the playoff and that is what we are giving up. is that what others want to happen.

i am tired of waiting. with colon we may have our best chance at winning, but that is my opinion.

Thats who u get.

That will never happen in a million years.

I'll say this, Rueter, Schmidt, Moss and Colon puts them over the top. I think they are tempted. The Sox probably only get two of those guys and one mid level guy, but it would be worth it in my mind. Still, I'd hold out for all three.

I still don't understand the rationale of trading Colon for prospects

after we traded prospects for Alomar and Everett both.

Just more dysfunctional baseball wheeling and dealing by out Sox.

Its a tough rational. I do it because I think it means Reiny will allow some other things to happen. Its also because I think Williams and Foppert are good enough to pitch right now and win games with the Sox down the stretch, giving the Sox a solid fifth, which allows Porzio or Wright to move to the bullpen.

MAybe Tony Torcato as well?

I don't think the Giants need Colon to win the West.  Nine games ahead of D-Backs and the Dodgers is dead.

Maybe not to win the West....but to do anything worth while in the playoffs...... an ACE like colon would fit nicely for them.

If we traded Colon to SF, I'd would be extremely happy if we got Williams, Ainsworth, and Foppert in return. But, I'd also be very happy if we could get Williams, Foppert, and Matt Cain. I really think Cain is gonna be good starter in the big leagues. He only pitched in A ball this year, and is out for the rest of the season, but after watching him pitch in high school and then seeing the stats he put up this year before getting hurt, I have really begun to like this guy. Of course, I'd really like to see what Jason or anyone else who is familar with Cain has to say about him because I'm not really sure what pitches he throws or how hard he throws.

And, I would really like to see Danny Wright used as a closer some in AAA and see how he does. I think he could become a very good closer.

Cain has an excellent fastball (Supposedly as high as 100) and he has a developing slider and changeup. He is basically a major project at this point.

Was a first round pick in 2002. Never have really followed him so I don't know how he did this year. Last year he pitched in 19 innings so its hard to say what he can do. He also featured a curveball in the past, dont' know if he still throws it.

Looks like he has tremendous upside though. Only 18.

Cain has an excellent fastball (Supposedly as high as 100) and he has a developing slider and changeup.  He is basically a major project at this point. 

Was a first round pick in 2002.  Never have really followed him so I don't know how he did this year.  Last year he pitched in 19 innings so its hard to say what he can do.  He also featured a curveball in the past, dont' know if he still throws it.

Looks like he has tremendous upside though.  Only 18.

That's awesome that he has a high 90's fastball that can reach 100 mph. I've always liked him since I saw him pitch against my high school in a game(he totally dominated us though and our team was really good that year). All I remember from the game that I saw him pitch in was that it looked like he was throwing heat but I didnt know exactly how fast he was throwing.

Cain has an excellent fastball (Supposedly as high as 100) and he has a developing slider and changeup.  He is basically a major project at this point. 

Was a first round pick in 2002.  Never have really followed him so I don't know how he did this year.  Last year he pitched in 19 innings so its hard to say what he can do.  He also featured a curveball in the past, dont' know if he still throws it.

Looks like he has tremendous upside though.  Only 18.

That's awesome that he has a high 90's fastball that can reach 100 mph. I've always liked him since I saw him pitch against my high school in a game(he totally dominated us though and our team was really good that year). All I remember from the game that I saw him pitch in was that it looked like he was throwing heat but I didnt know exactly how fast he was throwing.

how bout the other pit that they have, eric threets, 101 with the normal 99