GAME THREAD: Sox (63-61) @ Sawx (70-53), 6:10pm CT

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 09:48 PM)
This team this year has ticked me off and dissapointed me, but tonight's game made me sad.

I appreciate all JD has done for this team in his career here, but he's overmatched right now, he needs a night or two off and moved out of the 3rd spot.

its less disappointing than in 2007, because i never really thought this team was really division winning calibur...i also knew the defense on this team would be horrendous, and our D is a huge reason why we are about to be one game over .500......that said i have alot of hope for next year

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 02:49 AM)
He was done before Rios was picked up. This slide has been going on for a while now. If he had anything left in the tank you would see it now with the pressure to perform with Rios here. He hasnt improved at all. He is free falling.

Something to notice about Jermaine's swing is it's all upper body. He's not getting his legs into his swing at all.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 10:51 PM)
If they let the Count start at NYY it's a major slap in the face to Sox fans... I would rather see DJ go, he'll give up runs, but he'll throw strikes

Getting rid of Freddy and The Count would be a sign that the organization has failed in some way. I don't think Ozzie's ego will allow him to acknowledge the simple fact that they're both done. Our best bet is easing Hudson into a starter's role. I don't care if he fails, his future is bright.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 08:51 PM)
If they let the Count start at NYY it's a major slap in the face to Sox fans... I would rather see DJ go, he'll give up runs, but he'll throw strikes

its a slap in the face KW went into the season with count and colon as our 4 and 5 starters. Team was toast from the beginning.

QUOTE (bobryansson @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 09:52 PM)
Quentin's been a major disappointment, so we ought to add his name to the list. Just cashng the checks.

?? hes been doing better. and u can tell hes really trying and he doesnt look overmatched completely like dye

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 09:58 PM)
One down, nine to go.

We are brutally overmatched. Anybody think this'll be the closest game of the Bosox series?

Jose? Wow.

I think Gavin will show up... he pitched a lot better in the O's game than his final numbers said... how Ozzie didn't use Randy or Thorn to turn around Roberts, I'll never know

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 10:03 PM)
You just gotta tip your cap to the Red Sox tonight. They had some very patient ABs.

that's their MO, and obviously they took advantage of it, but the Jose error was ridiculous and completely changed the complexion of this game

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 09:58 PM)
One down, nine to go.

We are brutally overmatched. Anybody think this'll be the closest game of the Bosox series?

Jose? Wow.

The Red Sox aren't even all that good. I think we'll still win 2 in Boston. We lost today's game because dontCOUNTonme can't field a ground ball moving at a negative miles per hour.