GAME THREAD: Sox (63-61) @ Sawx (70-53), 6:10pm CT

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 07:16 PM)
Things that need to happen after this game.

Contreras is no longer in the rotation.

Rios needs to play everyday.

Dye needs to be taken out of the 3 hole.

agreed, but at this point i wonder what any change is really going to bring.

With night's like tonight I seriously can't put my mind around this team exiting the road trip with anything more than 3 wins. Even when our offense is on, like tonight, we'll have to worry about the starting pitching AND the bullpen. Thornton can't pitch every game, and neither can Floyd. We'll have to worry about Buehrle pitching like a man again, Danks' finger, and whatever the hell Garcia will provide tomorrow. Speaking of Garcia, expect him to pitch 5 innings no matter what. It could very well be another 10+ run game.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 09:18 PM)

If Peavy got to 80 pitches tonight and was hitting 94 on the gun then he can come up and replace the Count. The Count gets to 80 pitches and a snowman has crossed the plate.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 09:18 PM)

It can't hurt to try at this point. What's the worst that could happen?

I'm hoping Ozzie has a tirade. For some reason when that happens they go on a 7 game winning streak, then lose the next 4. At this point I'd take it though.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 09:19 PM)
With night's like tonight I seriously can't put my mind around this team exiting the road trip with anything more than 3 wins. Even when our offense is on, like tonight, we'll have to worry about the starting pitching AND the bullpen. Thornton can't pitch every game, and neither can Floyd. We'll have to worry about Buehrle pitching like a man again, Danks' finger, and whatever the hell Garcia will provide tomorrow. Speaking of Garcia, expect him to pitch 5 innings no matter what. It could very well be another 10+ run game.

If they can't beat these teams at least some of the time this roadtrip, they probably wouldn't do much if they made the playoffs anyway. I just wonder if they come back significantly under .500.