9/8 Oakland at White Sox 7:11 on CSN+

PALM7227

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CSF @ Sep 8, 2009 -> 08:13 PM)
Lincecum was scratched from tonight's start for the Giants. Madison Bumgarner is making his big league debut tonight.

Hopefully Hudson will be able to make his first career start before this year is up.

Ahh, but he replaces Carrasco in the game. I'll take it. :cheers

Anorexei needs to be pulled, and sat for a while even if it means Lillibridge has to play. Something needs to happen to get it into his mind that he must keep his head in the game. I don't know what's going on with him, but if he isn't capable of of staying awake each game, he cannot be the White Sox SS.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 8, 2009 -> 08:52 PM)
This just in. We are so-so as well.

The talent differential between Sox and A's is no small amount in my view.

Thats not to say i'm putting tons on Ozzie, but I think we're considerably more talented than them...albeit not w/ our starting pitcher today.

My personal view is that we have an incomplete roster with respect to all the components you want on a team, but lots of pure talent on the roster nonetheless.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 8, 2009 -> 08:55 PM)
The talent differential between Sox and A's is no small amount in my view.

Thats not to say i'm putting tons on Ozzie, but I think we're considerably more talented than them...albeit not w/ our starting pitcher today.

My personal view is that we have an incomplete roster with respect to all the components you want on a team, but lots of pure talent on the roster nonetheless.

Hawk and Stone always mention how the Sox play to the level of their competition and how they make stupid play after stupid play. I would imagine if Jerry Manuel were still managing the Sox, Hawk would think it was on him and tell us all about it after Jerry was gone. I know one thing, if they bring back the same players next year, the same stupid plays and concentration level against lesser opponents will still be there.