9/8 Oakland at White Sox 7:11 on CSN+

PALM7227

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chisoxt @ Sep 8, 2009 -> 09:04 PM)
True, but I don't want to count on him next year..Needs more seasoning...

Starting him off in the bullpen would be a great idea. Let him get some experience. There's a reason why its not a good idea to give a 16 year old an expensive sports car right when they get their license. Its pretty much the same idea with how the Sox usually break in their young pitchers.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 8, 2009 -> 09:05 PM)
Wow, just checked in. Sox getting clobbered by another bad team.

Has any Sox team ever tanked so badly against bad teams?? Generally we do OK at home against very good teams.

Maybe its just that the good teams that play us also struggle against bad teams.

QUOTE (chisoxt @ Sep 8, 2009 -> 08:04 PM)
True, but I don't want to count on him next year..Needs more seasoning...

I think this kind of low pressure opportunity to face MLB batters will help him. I agree that he needs more seasoning, but he seems to have the pitches with movement. He'll get shelled on the nights when the movement's not there. We'll have to see how he handles that. Maybe mop up duty to start 2010. Might be good to have him here with Coop &, again, facing the best Hitters.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 8, 2009 -> 09:09 PM)
Randy is so bad it's laughable.

Well he really isn't suppose to be in the big anyways.. though we could say that about alot of the players that worse our uniform and still are this season. BTW, congrats to Hudson.. you now have an official earned run credited to your name. I dunno if they counted Alexei's error as one as they shouldn't but it's showing up on Gameday.

Just about every pitcher we threw out there got hit.

It shows just because next year we start anew doesn't mean we are going to be better than .500.

What would it take to get a reliable bullpen next year??

(I realize our starter got completely abused tonight as well).