9/8 Oakland at White Sox 7:11 on CSN+

PALM7227

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cowch @ Sep 8, 2009 -> 07:21 PM)
Every single hit ball has that crack. Wtf is Torres doing?!

Impersonating Felix Diaz.

Just let Hudson start for the rest of the year. Torres has the broadway effect going. Bad hitting teams that swing away, he looks dominant.

I logged onto MLB Gameday from work and at first thought this was an error of their part. Torres with 5 runs in the 1st! You start to feel good about a Sox rookie pitcher especially one that did such a super job last time out and you/he gets clobbered.

Hopefully Tomko doesn't have it either tonight and we do a comeback. I would like to see Hudson get a start too

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (son of a rude @ Sep 8, 2009 -> 05:51 PM)
Who do we start next week? I'd be surprised if Torres starts again.

If we're out of the race more officially by that point, why not give Torres another few shots? Worst that happens is we lose another game. Big deal.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 8, 2009 -> 07:57 PM)
If we're out of the race more officially by that point, why not give Torres another few shots? Worst that happens is we lose another game. Big deal.

Performance during meaningless games in September mean crap. I wouldn't mind him starting if it means giving other guys breaks, but as an audition for 2010, it would be a mistake.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 8, 2009 -> 06:01 PM)
Performance during meaningless games in September mean crap. I wouldn't mind him starting if it means giving other guys breaks, but as an audition for 2010, it would be a mistake.

ANd yet, on more than a few occasions, giving a guy a chance to struggle or shine in September winds up being a positive thing for his development.

Lincecum was scratched from tonight's start for the Giants. Madison Bumgarner is making his big league debut tonight.

Hopefully Hudson will be able to make his first career start before this year is up.