Chicago White Sox @ LA Angels, 9:05 PM, WGN

justBLAZE

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 09:44 PM)
It's weird how it's OK to pounce on some players (Wise) and not OK to pounce on others (Rios).

I would never boo Rios from the stands BTW. I don't boo players. But he deserves some venom on here.

maybe because Rios has an actual track record and isn't a career .200 hitter? Jesus

I think he'll be fine, in 2010. We ain't living in that time period yet though.

I hope he'll be fine in 2010.

You'd think the law of averages would make him get a big hit, like in his last at bat. If he launches a home run, he maybe has us on our way to a huge win. But every at bat seems to be the same. Maybe he'll turn it around when we play the Tigers or something. At this point he should try not to get a hit and maybe he'll pound a double.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 10:44 PM)
It's weird how it's OK to pounce on some players (Wise) and not OK to pounce on others (Rios).

I would never boo Rios from the stands BTW. I don't boo players. But he deserves some venom on here.

Rios has a history of success, Wise doesn't.

Rios is younger and is meant to be a starter; Wise is a career journeyman.

Rios has a history of success, Wise doesn't.

Rios is younger and is meant to be a starter; Wise is a career journeyman.

My point is that some people are roasted on Sox talk. Some aren't as much.

Like Paulie last year. Was bashed incredibly on here, yet some have nothing negative to say bout Rios.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 09:44 PM)

Rios deserves some criticism because he's been bad. But when you hear stuff like "good job, KW. 60 million bucks down the drain." Or something similar to that. That's pretty silly.

I think he'll be fine, in 2010. We ain't living in that time period yet though.

Hey that's nice, but the Sox were competing when they acquired him and are now (mathematically) still in it.

Rios can either show up and play or go f*** himself on the bench.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 10:47 PM)
My point is that some people are roasted on Sox talk. Some aren't as much.

Like Paulie last year. Was bashed incredibly on here, yet some have nothing negative to say bout Rios.

You yell about Wise because he's not meant to start and should be easy to replace. You can't yell as much about Rios because he's slumping and he's here for awhile no matter what.

Paulie is slow as s*** and has hip issues. He's also an "easy" replace as a 1B, as 1B isn't as skilled of a position as CF. If he's failing and flailing about with his large contract and increasing age, of course people will call for his ouster. Just like they're calling for Dye's exit this year.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 09:50 PM)
Hey that's nice, but the Sox were competing when they acquired him and are now (mathematically) still in it.

Rios can either show up and play or go f*** himself on the bench.

yep, Rios was definitely the downfall of this team. He single handily made JD hit .090 for 2 months, the bullpen implode, and Beckham, PK, Q slump. Cut that bastard, I say