My surprise player to be dealt

Lemon_44

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of our problems next year could be solved by signing Thome, and trying to swing a trade for either Cody Ross or Jeremy Hermida, and one of Florida's Lefty relievers (Pinto or Tankersley). Both pitchers BB/9 ratios's are a bit alarming, but i imagine they'd be a lot more useful then Randy Williams

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Sep 24, 2009 -> 03:45 PM)
Linebrink's not going anywhere before next years trade deadline if only because of Peavy.

Peavy didn't waive his NTC to hang out with a friend. He waived it because he believes the White Sox can win. He asked Linebrink for his opinion because they are friends and he wanted to see what Linebrink thought about Chicago.

If KW gets an offer he likes for Linebrink, then Linebrink will be wearing a different uniform next season.

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Sep 24, 2009 -> 04:10 PM)
i was looking at Colorado for possible players. For those in the know, is the 23 year kid, Carlos Gonzalez, a legit prospect or is he a product of Coors? He seems to have a good power/speed combination and the Rockies could definitley use a MB type pitcher.

He was the #1 prospect in the Arizona system when he was dealt for Dan Haren. This past offseason, he was the main piece of the Matt Holliday deal.

He's a monster, and he's going absolutely no where.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 24, 2009 -> 05:14 PM)
He was the #1 prospect in the Arizona system when he was dealt for Dan Haren. This past offseason, he was the main piece of the Matt Holliday deal.

He's a monster, and he's going absolutely no where.

i see what you're saying,but,after reading this,he has been dealt twice. Albeit, in monster deals. I agree, the Sox probably won't be able to get him.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 24, 2009 -> 01:29 PM)
Paul Konerko doesn't bunt, nor should he. Asking for a bunt from either Paulie, Thome, or even Dye needs to be considered a fireable offense.

Where did I say anything about bunting. The small ball that I am talking about is looking for good pitches to drive, going the other way and cutting down your swing in RBI situations.

I think any player that would be considered a "surprise" trade would be players currently in big contracts, such as Rios, Peavy, Konerko, Dye.

I'd also find it surprising if the Sox traded away a player that was considered part of the future, such as Quentin, Beckham, Floyd, Danks, Hudson, Viciedo, and Mitchell.

I would also be surprised if Pierzynski or Alexei were traded.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Sep 24, 2009 -> 06:58 PM)
I think any player that would be considered a "surprise" trade would be players currently in big contracts, such as Rios, Peavy, Konerko, Dye.

I'd also find it surprising if the Sox traded away a player that was considered part of the future, such as Quentin, Beckham, Floyd, Danks, Hudson, Viciedo, and Mitchell.

I would also be surprised if Pierzynski or Alexei were traded.

Mitchell can't be traded until the 2010 draft.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 24, 2009 -> 07:41 PM)
Mitchell can't be traded until the 2010 draft.

I think he can go as a PTBNL as soon as possibly February, but I'm not sure about that. No trade can be completed until a player has been in the organization for one year, which means from the signing date, not the draft date.

But it doesn't matter anyway because you almost never see those kinds of deals, at least for big names with large amounts of time between the trade agreement and the finalization of the deal. What if we traded a prospect as a PTBNL and received an MLB player in return, but then a week before the trade could be completed the PTBNL broke a leg and ended a career? That would be a pretty big risk for a team to take and I don't know what types of protective measures would have to be involved, but nevertheless it would be extremely unlikely for us to trade Mitchell before the 2010-11 offseason.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Sep 24, 2009 -> 04:42 PM)
My surprise player: John Danks.

I was thinking a while ago that my two surprise players to be dealt were Buehrle or Danks... Mark because of hids higher salary and he is on the last two seasons of his deal, and John because of his circulation issues and the fact that he spurned a contract extension from the Sox.

If Kenny is going to omprove this mess, he does have toc rack a few eggs in the off season.

I was thinking a while ago that my two surprise players to be dealt were Buehrle or Danks... Mark because of hids higher salary and he is on the last two seasons of his deal, and John because of his circulation issues and the fact that he spurned a contract extension from the Sox.

If Kenny is going to omprove this mess, he does have toc rack a few eggs in the off season.

His value is lower because of this season. We have him under control for a couple more years and he has proven that he can be a great pitcher. I don't see why we would be trading him this offseason.

Edited by son of a rude

QUOTE (WCSox @ Sep 24, 2009 -> 07:58 PM)
I can't imagine how bad our offense will be next year without PK in the lineup. Quentin would draw 200 walks.

Yeah because God knows the Sox couldn't find someone to make up some of his production. But as I stated in that post I would rather deal PK than Buehrle

Edited by EvilJester99

QUOTE (son of a rude @ Sep 24, 2009 -> 07:41 PM)
His value is lower because of this season. We have him under control for a couple more years and he has proven that he can be a great pitcher. I don't see why we would be trading him this offseason.

Danks' value is still ridiculously high. He would bring in a haul.

That said, it'd be extremely foolish to trade him.

QUOTE (League @ Sep 24, 2009 -> 10:42 PM)
Danks' value is still ridiculously high. He would bring in a haul.

That said, it'd be extremely foolish to trade him.

It's beyond stupid to trade any of the 4 starters. The 5th starter spot is an uncertainty. They don't need ? at the 4th, 5th spot. Oh wait. that happened this year with Colon and Contreras. That would be like a dog returning to it's vomit.

Then someone will suggest finding one thru free agency who will cost more and perform less, or forget the fact the Sox don't win bidding wars, or suggest another project for Cooper.

The only time you ever get rid of decent pitching is when you know you can't sign them when their contract is up.