Sportscenter

WHarris1

Did any of you actually watch sportscenter last night? The sox and jays were the third game featured: Only behind D-backs, Giants and Seattle, Oakland. For the first time this year we were highlighted before the Cubs. Sportscenter even plugged DJ making fun of Toronto Sky Dome before a commercial break.

Yes, it didnt show any of the good pitching but they did show Everetts hit after the rain delay and franks go ahead single in the 13th.

But don't worry sox fans, if Frank hits his 400th today and Este gets another win we will be featured third or fourth in Sportscenter tonight.

Yes ESPN is based in Connecticut. That is the heart of the Red Sox-Yankee rivalry. Since ESPN controls sports mass media they have constructed a unfair proportion of highlights.Living in the NorthEast I have noticed the views on both teams. We are supposed to fell sorry for the Red Sox and see them as hardluck losers. Movies like GoodWill-Hunting further romanticize the east coast bias.When the Robin Williams describes the Game # 6 in 1975 W.S. Well,m I hate the Yankees, but I cannott feel sorry for the RedSox either. A team with that kind of payroll should have won at least one title by now. So f*** them too.

Who cares what sportscenter did. We won the dam game. And the last time I checked that is all that matters.

I agree very much.

Who cares what they do on some dumb show?

If we win it all, they will pay attention.

If we don't, who cares what they do on another jock show?

At times, it does get aggravating when you want to see highlites of the Sox. The first Toronto game, they showed the Jays hitting and scoring, none of the Sox... even though we won the damn game. But, it ain't worth getting all bent out of shape over. If we win the WS, they'll cover it.