With what we got now

2nd_city_saint787

Beckham would have to lead off if we really added no one. I dont think they want Alexei getting tons and tons of at-bats. I was also glad to hear some of the comments by Kenny that speed at the top isnt the end all be all.

Beckham can put himself on second base quite a bit.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 05:08 PM)
Beckham would have to lead off if we really added no one. I dont think they want Alexei getting tons and tons of at-bats. I was also glad to hear some of the comments by Kenny that speed at the top isnt the end all be all.

Beckham can put himself on second base quite a bit.

That's just crazy enough to work!

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 09:10 PM)
D2, because he's playing if we don't get anyone else, and if he's in CF, Ozzie will lead him off.

I want us to make a move...

I wouldn't mind giving Jordan Danks a shot in the outfield. I feel we could use him just like we did with Alexei in his first year. Give him some starting opportunities and if he starts off slow maybe bench him or send him down to the minors for a bit. Possibly even hit him towards the bottom of the order so there isn't a whole lot of pressure on him.

I wouldn't expect anything soon in terms of a deal. I feel given last year a bunch of players signed for fairly low deals in terms of money towards the end of the offseason, teams might wait to see if they can save their money.

If we are looking at players like Halladay, Gonzo or anyone that is actively being traded then expecting something within the next 3-4 weeks would seem reasonable especially since Gonzo seems to be a hot commodity.

Just takes patience lol.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 09:10 PM)
D2, because he's playing if we don't get anyone else, and if he's in CF, Ozzie will lead him off.

I want us to make a move...

There is a fairly good chance that Jordan Danks would put up worse numbers than Darin Erstad did with the White Sox in 2007. If he is anywhere near the major leagues before September, I'm going to be praying beyond all doubt it's because his numbers have exploded in the minor leagues and not because of injury.

Definitely not Rios. He's already got enough pressure on him leading into next season. And his plate discipline has gotten progressively worse over the past couple of season, since his big year in 2006.

Beckham is our #2 hitter, and should be that for the next 10 seasons hopefully.

Ramirez would actually be interesting possibly, considering his BB/K ratio went from 18/61 in 08 to 49/66 in 09. But he's such a bad hitter in the 1st 2 months of the season in the cold weather, that I don't know if the Sox would want him there to start the season anyways.

So I'll say Danks or someone who's not on the roster currently.

Consider Mark Teahan. Yes he strikes out too much. But his OBP is not terrible at .331, he is a veteran and he is a threat to steal, I think he'd be a little like Cabrera was in 08. The main justification to think about him is lack of a better option.

Edited by TLAK