White Sox Now: Active, But Questions Remain

Chisoxfn

White Sox Now: Active, But Questions Remain

By Mario Scalise

SoxNet

One month into the off-season, the White Sox have been active, but still have a ways to go over the the next 2/3 of it. Through it, we'll be recapping each month and projecting the opening day roster based off the team's present state...Read the Full Recap Here

How happy is everyone with the 1st month of the off-season?

I personally feel that October was a real good month for the Sox. They strengthened the bench, added roster flexibility (Teahan) and have positioned themselves to spend the next couple months trying to fill 2 to 3 key holes (OF/DH/Pen).

The waiting is killing me - just like last year and the year before and the year before etc..... I hate winter and I'm sick of hearing about the Bears.

I really hope that KW makes a splash, but I don't think he will. Well if he does, at least I'll be suprised.

I'm thinking that the most we get is a Marlon Byrd type player...

Very nice article, it hits everything on the head. I had no idea that Vizquel was going to get extra AB's in April.

One little problem I had with it though, the Sox have said Mark Buehrle is going to be the 4th starter next year, and Jake Peavy is really the Ace of the staff.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 11:12 AM)
One of the biggest questions wasn't on the list - who will be the DH?

Also, I doubt that Hudson is the long reliever with Carrasco in the middle. I think you flip those two roles.

Great article though, nice recap.

With Vlad, Thome, Johnson and Matsui all out there and all, most likely, limited to only AL teams, I think there's a cheap DH to be had if KW waits it out.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 10:43 AM)
How happy is everyone with the 1st month of the off-season?

I personally feel that October was a real good month for the Sox. They strengthened the bench, added roster flexibility (Teahan) and have positioned themselves to spend the next couple months trying to fill 2 to 3 key holes (OF/DH/Pen).

November. And yeah, I'm happy with it too. I think Andruw and Omar are going to help this team.

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 12:16 PM)
With Vlad, Thome, Johnson and Matsui all out there and all, most likely, limited to only AL teams, I think there's a cheap DH to be had if KW waits it out.

Exactly. No need to rush to sign a DH. I think KW is currently figuring out how he will fill up that leadoff spot... this will most likely be his 'big splash' during the winter meetings.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 05:26 PM)
Exactly. No need to rush to sign a DH. I think KW is currently figuring out how he will fill up that leadoff spot... this will most likely be his 'big splash' during the winter meetings.

And Kenny has said almost exactly that about waiting for a DH.