Will we rebound tomorrow?

Loaiza21

Will the White Sox win tomorrow and regain confidence going into the series with the Royals  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Will the White Sox win tomorrow and regain confidence going into the series with the Royals

• Yes, they will win and go on to take 2 of 3 from KC
    • Yes, they will win and go on to sweep KC
    • Yes, they will win and lose the series with KC
    • No, they will lose tomorrow and fall off the face of the earth

How many scoring op's did we squander today?  Even in our loss yesterday we only wasted one good one.  Like I said yesterday we are finally scoring runs, couple that with pitching that has the 3rd best era in the AL, and the fielding that has the 3rd highest %age in the AL and this is a team that people don't want to f*** with right now...

Were 27th in team BA and like 24th in runs. Thats pathetic. We have too many losers in the lineup, like Crede, Valentin, Rowand and Olivo. Too many weak spots...

Were 27th in team BA and like 24th in runs. Thats pathetic. We have too many losers in the lineup, like Crede, Valentin, Rowand and Olivo. Too many weak spots...

What happened in April and May is pretty irrelevant. Since the All-Star Break, the Sox are hitting .306 (2nd in the American League). They have scored 118 runs (most in the A.L.).

Is it just a phase or is the offense back? Who knows, but holding their terrible early season against them is pretty ridiculous, IMO.

By the way, the Royals suck.

What happened in April and May is pretty irrelevant.  Since the All-Star Break, the Sox are hitting .306 (2nd in the American League).  They have scored 118 runs (most in the A.L.).

Is it just a phase or is the offense back?  Who knows, but holding their terrible early season against them is pretty ridiculous, IMO.

By the way, the Royals suck.

Thanks DM, I was reading the responses, and was thinking the samething. But let me put it into Roman terms. Look at what Frank is doing now, and not what he did in April and May. Just because he hit like s*** then, doesn't mean he isn't hot now. And right now, the Sox are scoring runs by the boatload.

Whoa. I give up. Honestly. I cant touch that one. Maybe you guys are right. This isnt the losing team we started the year with. Were making the most of our opportunities, our pitching and D is great and our hitting is coming around. Weve scored six or more runs in like 10 of the last 15 games and there are the stats MM provided. Maybe I should give these guys a chance. They are playing well...

Roman said:

We have too many losers in the lineup, like Crede, Valentin, Rowand and Olivo. Too many weak spots.

--Roman if you think Crede, Rowand and Olivo are losers, fine. But don't jump on the bandwagon when they turn into good major league players. Crede and Olivo might even be all stars someday.

As far as Valentin, there are worse players than Jose. I wouldn't call him a loser, either.

OK, maybe Jose isnt bad. He has good range and he can hit a longball when ya need it. But I dont like Crede or Olivo. First off, Olivo sucks at bunting. Second, Ive seen Crede swing and he swings like a girl (sorry girls, maybe yall dont swing THAT bad). And third, their BAs speak for themselves.

As for the rest of the guys, Ive decided to give the team a chance. They actually have done well recently...

OK, maybe Jose isnt bad. He has good range and he can hit a longball when ya need it. But I dont like Crede or Olivo. First off, Olivo sucks at bunting. Second, Ive seen Crede swing and he swings like a girl (sorry girls, maybe yall dont swing THAT bad). And third, their BAs speak for themselves.

As for the rest of the guys, Ive decided to give the team a chance. They actually have done well recently...

Yup, because all players in their first full big league season need to be hitting .275 by now.

Well a .226 BA and a .280 OBP is unacceptable.

First off all, the biggest reason these two were big prospects was their defense. They've done a nice job with that.

As far as their batting.....they are rookies...give them a break....who do you want playing third and catching instead?

There defense is good. Ill give them that. Miguel has a gun and Crede can make some nice plays at third. As for who would play there instead, Id say Graff and Sandy. First, Graffy has done well at the plate and for us, in fact, he always has. He can bunt too. We need that at the bottom of the order. He should get the chance to play everyday. And Sandy has a decent bat. Hes also alright defensively. Pitchers have a 4.89 ERA when he pitches but that could be because he usually catches Colon and Colon had that long slump in the middle which distorted that stat badly. And Miguel cant bunt. He needs to learn or he should just go home...

There defense is good. Ill give them that. Miguel has a gun and Crede can make some nice plays at third. As for who would play there instead, Id say Graff and Sandy. First, Graffy has done well at the plate and for us, in fact, he always has. He can bunt too. We need that at the bottom of the order. He should get the chance to play everyday. And Sandy has a decent bat. Hes also alright defensively. Pitchers have a 4.89 ERA when he pitches but that could be because he usually catches Colon and Colon had that long slump in the middle which distorted that stat badly. And Miguel cant bunt. He needs to learn or he should just go home...

What about when Sandy gets hurt again...if he's the regular starter, you know he will...then who are you going to have start?

I don't mind Graffy starting occassionally, but ...he is best when he can pinch hit or start occasionally...he seems to excel then......he hits lefties well....but the majority of starting pitchers are righties...he is hitting .183 against them....he is hitting .222 as the starting 3B...and a whopping .167 with RISP, 2 outs....

I'm more comfortable when both Crede and Olivo start....and when Sandy and Graffy start 1-2 times a week.

Thats not much worse than Crede. Id say put him at short and Val at third but Val and Robbie are a good DP combo. Dont wanna break that up...

Tinker tinker.

Give the rookies a break. For every 2001 Albert Pujols there's at least ten 2003 Joe Credes. He needs to learn some plate discipline because we have already seen he has above average power and a great glove for a 3rd baseman.

Olivo has made the White Sox the team with the highest percentage of runners thrown out in the league. Alomar ain't throwin anyone out that's for sure. He missed his year in AAA because we were short at the catcher spot but I don't think it will seriously hurt him in the long run. Besides who else do you want catching everyday?