Roy Halladay in a White Sox uniform???

wilmot825

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 9, 2009 -> 08:48 AM)
Upton has proven he can do great things at the major league level. He's not some amatuer. He's just a guy with a world of talent, and a wooly work ethic coming off an injury.

I think she makes a very good point though.

You can reverse roles and say the same thing about Quentin. If the Rays wanted to get Carlos from us, obviously we would ask for a ton in return because we have him for 3 years and he's shown what he can do. OTOH, I would expect the Rays to be pretty hesitant to part with what we would ask simply because of injuries and the 2009 down year. The talent is unquestionable, the past success is unquestionable, but there still is uncertainty there.

I really don't think Upton is going to be moved. He'll cost a whole lot and I'm not sure there's another team out there willing to give up fair value 3 years of Upton because of that uncertainty.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 9, 2009 -> 09:26 AM)
I am not going to tell people to stop speculating and such, because thats what this board is for, but I see about as much sense in discussing this rumor right now as I do in discussing trying to acquire Pujols.

Agree. One, we can't afford his contract, and two, SP is dead last on our list of priorities, even behind the bench (we still need a backup catcher). Now if we were talking about 4 years of Haren being for sale - which it is not BTW - then it would be very different. But Halladay is just not happening.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 9, 2009 -> 09:26 AM)
I am not going to tell people to stop speculating and such, because thats what this board is for, but I see about as much sense in discussing this rumor right now as I do in discussing trying to acquire Pujols.

Let's hope no one takes this the wrong way and starts a new thread about the Sox trying to acquire Pujols. :lolhitting